Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Spot-Hogg, Hogg Wrap Review >

Spot-Hogg, Hogg Wrap Review

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Spot-Hogg, Hogg Wrap Review

Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Spot-Hogg, Hogg Wrap Review

I recieved my hogg wrap a few days ago and wanted to give you guys a review of the wrap.
I already had the hogg-it hunter and got the wrap kit. When I first looked at the kit I thought it was going to be tough to install, boy was I wrong. Spot-Hogg provides very clearinstructions for installing the sight. If you follow them to a "T" you shouldn't have any trouble. I had the wrap installed in less than 15 minutes. You do not even need to remove the sight to intall it. The only problem with the install is removing all the set screws for the pins so you can remove the existing pins. This isn't really a problem just the only part that I didn't really like.
Once I completed the installation of the wrap I was really impressed with the brightness of the pins. It is a major improvment over the existing pins.The wrap also has a threaded hole where a light can be added later. The light would be in a position to shine on the fibers and not into the pin housing, so the only thing that lights up is the tip of the pins. I think for 69.00 it is well worth the upgrade. The fibers are very well protected and with all hogg products it is built very well. It makes the sight pin housing look a little bulky but other than that it is awesome. I know some people had posted early wondering if anyone had used or seen the sight and there wasn't much response, so if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them the best I can.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Default RE: Spot-Hogg, Hogg Wrap Review

I really appreciate the information...I have a thread a few lines down wherein I am trying to decide between the Hunter Hogg-it with the wrap and the Copper John 2 Supreme. Glad you like yours. What size is your pin guard ( 2 or 2 3/8) and which would you recommend? I use of of the G5 meta peeps at 1/4 inch. Also, do you use the extension/sun shade on the guard to further protect your pins? Thanks!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ash--I found out a few days ago that Spot Hogg has just shipped mine--still waiting.
I assumed the wrap came with the light (included), does it not?
I'm happy to hear it has improved the brightness of the pins.
Not sure I understood you clearly about removing the allen screws, does this wrap come with itsown pin guards also, then we're talking about resighting the bow after the wrap in added to the sight.
I was hoping that the fibers would be threaded thru the existing pin guard guides, is that not the case?
Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 PM

The sight does not include a light. The wrap attaches to the existing pin guard. You have to remove all the little allen screws that you use for pin adjustment. They have to be removed so the pins come out and you use the new pins and reuse the tiny allen screws.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's not much fun period. One has to start all over again fine tuning the pins/yardage.
You would think Spot Hogg would at least throw in the light for the $69 plus $.
Do you know if the light they sold for their older sights works in this wrap?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM

I called Spot-Hogg today...was ready to drop big coin for a Hogg-It Hunter, Hogg Wrap, Concealment ring with light, and sun shade/pin extension protector. They've been advertising the new sights with wraps heavily, yet they have none. Additionally, I was told it would be at least 16 weeks. No thanks. I ordered the Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme/light/pin guard cap. Seems silly for these companies to advertise and list products as available on their sites long before there is any hopes of getting them. [:@][:@]
Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how that feels Red Boar--can't give you wrong either--as a matter of fact, I support your decision 100%.
A bunch of excuses and a whole lot of hog-wash, and still they fail to deliver.
And this isn't just common the Spot Hogg--lots of other manufactures are doing the same thing, year in year out.
But I should also say, they're some that do deliver and for those, I'llsurely remain loyal!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM

"But I should also say, they're some that do deliver and for those, I'llsurely remain loyal!!! "

My point exactly, ampahunter.