Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Badlands 2200 backpack

Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Badlands 2200 backpack

Ok, I have fallen in love for the second time in my life....Ok, third, but who's counting? [8D] The Badlands 2200 is........well.......amazing is about all I can say. There's not much it won't do. I'm still figuring it out, actually. (DWD, you here somewhere buddy???) It will carry your bow, rifle, shotgun, you can haul meat out with it, it's got more room than my closet, everything is very accessible, and is incredibly comfortable to wear.

There was some thought that went into this one. The zippers are very easy to grab, even with big, heavy gloves on. And there are quite a few of them, so it's a good thing.

It's "batwing" construction wraps all your goodies up nice and tight, and transfers the load to your hips, not your back. It has a pocket on the side designated for a spotting scope (which I don't have, but I'm SURE I can find something to put there), is hydration bladder compatible (which I wish I would have gotten, but I will) and even has an orange vest tucked neatly away all the way in the bottom of the thing ( I actually just found this tonight....Never knew it was there). I like that feature because it can be used as a bird vest to haul your gobbla out in the spring.

[align=center](batwing construction)[/align][align=center][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=center](obviously the orange vest)[/align][align=center][/align][align=left]The framework is amazing. You can actually access the main compartment from the back. Simply slide the shoulder straps off, slide the pack around to your front, and voila. There you go. You no longer have to take your pack off to access your goodies. It's also incredibly comfortable. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=center](Back padding)[/align][align=center][/align][align=left]If ya'll have any questions, or want a photo of something, simply ask. I'll answer and post all the photos you want. I would rate this pack a perfect 10. Oh, and I forgot to mention the lifetime warranty. You could rip this thing on a barbed wire fence, and Badlands will fix it .......for free.[/align]
Old 03-29-2007, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Badlands 2200 backpack

Excellent review and photos, bud!

One question, how hot will it be to use in warm weather? Do you think the pockets formed betwen the... cushions? in the back will be enough to keep your back cool?

I notice in September or even shed hunting now in warm weather, with the pack I currently have, it causes my back to sweat from being pressed right up against itand makes my shirt damp. Not good.

Any chance you can get some pictures of the interior and the pockets opened up?

I have a feeling this is the pack I'll purchase this summer.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:26 PM

I'll get those photos for you, probably tomorrow. I wondered about the heat thing myself, but I believe you are correct, there should be an air pocket to keep your back cool....I'll be able to answer that better after this weekend.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:36 PM

you are my hero for doing this review! I've been debating about getting this pack for when I need something more than a fanny pack. You just sealed the deal for me and made badland a couple of bucks. Thank you very much!
Good Hunting
Jeff
Old 03-29-2007, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: livinfortherut

You just sealed the deal for me and made badland a couple of bucks. Thank you very much!
Good Hunting
Jeff
You're most welcome, and you won't be disappointed. I just wish I saw a few of thosebucks.....[&o]
Old 03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I would also take a look at the TimberHawk pack. I used one side by side the Badlands last year(my buddy had) he's switching over this year to the Timberhawk pack.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Dan, I still need to get you those photos, I'll get them, I promise. I took my pack along shed/mushroom hunting today just to kind of give it the go round....One thing I really don't like about it, the chest strap keeps walking up and tries to choke me. I kept it unbuckled all day, I plan on emailing Badlands with that complaint. Other than that, it's awesome. Oh, and yes, by back got a little sweaty, though not as bad as with other packs I've owned. I'll weara t-shirt to my stand and stuff it in a zip top bag when I get there, and put on my Scent Lok base layer then as well.

It's awefully comfortable to wear, that's for sure, minus that one strap...
Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Have you looked into the the rancho safari backpacks they are great and they hold arrows and you bow.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:06 PM

You think maybe it might just be that one model that has the problem with the chest strap? Maybe because of the size of the pack?

I was looking at... I think the SuperDay as well. A little smaller than the 2200, but still quite a bit of room.

I'll take a good look at them when I get done with my interview at Sportsman's Warehouse on Tuesday.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Nice review. I think you have me buying one now!

How much are they and where did you buy/order yours?

Quick Reply: Badlands 2200 backpack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.