Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Quieter Drenalin

Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Quieter Drenalin

Any Drenalin owners have any suggestions for minimizing what little noise I'm hearing? STS, or other silencing products I should look at. TIA
Old 03-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Default RE: Quieter Drenalin

STS will work......anything to add a little weight to it....but I guess that defeats the purpose of the "light bow" that Mathews is going for.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:48 AM

I'm already carrying a little extra weight around the waist so a little more in the bow won't matter.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 AM

That's my take on it too.....I figured you were a big feller like me anyway with that 70/30".....Heck, I'm 260 lbs!!! lol

My Vulcan is definately not a light bow, and I think that its weight is what helps it shoot so smooth and vibration free. Weights really not a bad thing, it actually helps steady the shot.

I've heard people complain about a bow being heavy because they have to carry it a long way. Doesnt make sense to me. My .300 Mag weighs a little over 10 lbs......a 5 or 6 lb bow set up is nothing!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM

We are about the same I'm just shy of 6'7" at 260lbs. Most of the areas I'm hunting are only a quater to a half mile walk in. The Island I live on is only 14 X 7 miles so even at that 10 lbs would be nothing.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:03 PM

STS are very nice. I just put one on my Switchback. It is a good place to start.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

My brother in law just bought the Drenlin. Pretty sweet bow... He bought it because of it's weight... He wanted the lightest bow available.

I still love my Switchback XT!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Buy a Guardian!!!LOL, Sorry I couldn't resist. \
A friend of mine put on string leaches and it made a big difference in the twang. What quiver do you have? I have noticed some just make a bow noisy.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:53 PM

I added the STS. Big difference. I'm stoked with the addition and would recommend it to others. It seems to balance out the bow nicely and was a breeze to install.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ken,
How much did the STS run you? I do hear a little noise, butup to now I wasn't too worried about it. I still kind of feel that thisspeed, by the time the deer hears the quiet little thrum and has time to react, it's way too late for him. I wonder if the need for a totally silent bow is for the possible chance at a second shot?

Quick Reply: Quieter Drenalin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.