HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Quieter Drenalin (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/184646-quieter-drenalin.html)

Ken Catch 03-15-2007 03:34 AM

Quieter Drenalin

Any Drenalin owners have any suggestions for minimizing what little noise I'm hearing? STS, or other silencing products I should look at. TIA

doublelunginem 03-15-2007 08:34 AM

RE: Quieter Drenalin

STS will work......anything to add a little weight to it....but I guess that defeats the purpose of the "light bow" that Mathews is going for.

Ken Catch 03-15-2007 08:48 AM

I'm already carrying a little extra weight around the waist so a little more in the bow won't matter.

doublelunginem 03-15-2007 10:20 AM

That's my take on it too.....I figured you were a big feller like me anyway with that 70/30".....Heck, I'm 260 lbs!!! lol

My Vulcan is definately not a light bow, and I think that its weight is what helps it shoot so smooth and vibration free. Weights really not a bad thing, it actually helps steady the shot.

I've heard people complain about a bow being heavy because they have to carry it a long way. Doesnt make sense to me. My .300 Mag weighs a little over 10 lbs......a 5 or 6 lb bow set up is nothing!!!

Ken Catch 03-15-2007 04:06 PM

We are about the same I'm just shy of 6'7" at 260lbs. Most of the areas I'm hunting are only a quater to a half mile walk in. The Island I live on is only 14 X 7 miles so even at that 10 lbs would be nothing.

MDBUCKHUNTER 03-16-2007 06:03 PM

STS are very nice. I just put one on my Switchback. It is a good place to start.

Western MA Hunter 03-19-2007 05:50 AM

My brother in law just bought the Drenlin. Pretty sweet bow... He bought it because of it's weight... He wanted the lightest bow available.

I still love my Switchback XT!

Bowhunter1974 03-20-2007 12:59 PM

Buy a Guardian!!!:DLOL, Sorry I couldn't resist. \
A friend of mine put on string leaches and it made a big difference in the twang. What quiver do you have? I have noticed some just make a bow noisy.

Ken Catch 03-21-2007 05:53 PM

I added the STS. Big difference. I'm stoked with the addition and would recommend it to others. It seems to balance out the bow nicely and was a breeze to install.

LittleChief 03-22-2007 12:13 PM

Ken,
How much did the STS run you? I do hear a little noise, butup to now I wasn't too worried about it. I still kind of feel that thisspeed, by the time the deer hears the quiet little thrum and has time to react, it's way too late for him. I wonder if the need for a totally silent bow is for the possible chance at a second shot?

Ken Catch 03-22-2007 05:47 PM

I beleive it was $39.

in da woods 03-24-2007 07:18 AM

KC, there is an awesome product cutom made to your bow by a guy in Ill. There are 2 prices, one for black & one for camo that'll match your bow's pattern. PM me, & I'll foward u info. Mine was $40 I believe, including shipping. It makes quiet a difference.

Red Boar 03-26-2007 02:12 PM

Thanks for the good information in this thread...I just ordered the camo model for my Switchback. :D Best regards....

bslugnut 03-27-2007 09:54 AM

What exactly is the STS that is being referred to?

BSLugnut

Red Boar 03-27-2007 04:47 PM

Here is the site link: http://www.stsarchery.com/camo.html. They came out with a camo version this year. ;) I can't comment about how well they work yet...I just ordered one for my Switchback.

RefusetoFollow 04-06-2007 01:26 PM

I also purchased an STS for my Bowtech Tribute and I'm glad I did. I was amazed at the difference it made.

kdsberman 04-08-2007 10:50 AM

What is the STS? I hear a lot of people talking about them? Can someone maybe post a picture of one? How do you go about getting one? Thanks

camoman73 04-29-2007 12:48 PM

Yep an sts works great i put one on mine!Make sure you get a New one they improved the stopper this year and added a camo finish its cool.Serve the area around the bowstring that the stopper comes in contact with it will save your string!

LebeauHunter 04-30-2007 02:14 PM

Refuse to Follow.

I have a new Tribute. It's already fairly quiet and vibration free at shot. Did it make $40 difference?

BLKBOWHUNTER 05-04-2007 12:28 PM

go to archery talk find the guy that makes CSS.

LebeauHunter 05-07-2007 11:49 AM

The Mean V CSS? Isn't that just another "brand" or type of STS?

Saw good things written about the Mean V (customized for your bow), but I've got to stop bleeding cash for a while, may pick one up later.

archeryJ 05-12-2007 07:02 PM

I shoot a STS on my Drenalin and it's very quite.

livinfortherut 05-12-2007 07:53 PM

Here is a picture of the mean v css on my drenalin. This guy makes an awesome product and it looks alot cleaner than the sts in my opion