Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech guardian

Old 03-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Default bowtech guardian

has anyone personally saw or heard of any problems with the guardian that come from a reputable source?thinking about getting one and just wondering.also if anyone has had one for a while and still loves it let me know.thank you
Old 03-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bowtech guardian

I don't have one and don't intend to buy one. But my friend got one and he was happy. Didn't have any problem so far. The problem he has and told me was that the target couldn't hold up.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have seen one, but have not shot one. Have heard from several hard core bowhunters that have and all they could say was WOW!!!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

mt hunter, I will quickly point you to my signature and let you determine yourself how biased any response I would make on the subject would be...

I think, though, you'll find that members here over the years would agree I'm a pretty straight shooter no matter if I'm affiliated with a product or not. I can honestly say that I haven't heard one single negative remark in regards to "problems" after the sell.

Our biggest miss as a company has not been setting up videocameras to record the expressions of those who come by our factory demo booths and shoot the Guardian. I couldn't count the number of expletives, oohs and aahs after they shot the bow.

Here's a quick summation from following hundreds of readers' posts on the Guardian: It's got a bit stiffer draw cycle than some expect; it probably falls somewhere between the smooth and the speed mods currently offered on other bows. It's not the fastest bow in Bowtech's stable, but 321-329 fps ain't exactly sluggish, either.

Where this bow shines is it's sheer lack of shock and noise. I've heard several people say they were going to have to buy a quieter release, as they could now hear the "click" of their current model. I think the center-pivot design is a home run in terms of efficiency and noise reduction.

Bottom line is that I think if you get one, you'll be extremely pleased if you're looking for the attributes that make the Guardian shine: negligible noise and lack of vibration coupled with some pretty decent speeds.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Greg

Any truth in the latest rumours going around on the Guardian? Ie the limbs breaking as the bow is bing drawn and splitting the fellas head open for stiches and them suing Bowteck?
Rocky
Curious before I go out and buy one,they seem to disapear as soon as our shop gets one in.Thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any truth in the latest rumours going around on the Guardian? Ie the limbs breaking as the bow is bing drawn and splitting the fellas head open for stiches and them suing Bowteck?
Latest rumors!? LOL Where on earth did you hear that one? The funny part is that I actually READ the same exact description of events on another site that a guy posted happened to HIM from another new make and model. (I will not fuel the rumor mill with those details)
I didn't give it a second thought.

I have one of the first Guardians off the line.......I'm shooting it at 5grs lb. 29.5"/70#/350gr arrows and have probably an honest hmmmmmmmmm 1000 shots on it by now (including 11 full rounds of 3D and everything that goes with it including tuning, warm ups, etc etc)
It has proven to be (by my scores) the most reliable and accurate bow I have shot to date.
I'm sure the competition in my 3D league would love for me to have some limb problems.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 PM

I shot one yesterday and all I can say is "wow". You don't feel anything when you shoot the bow. The best thing about it. It doesn't have all the stirng suppressors on it like the Mathews Drenalin and Hoyt Vectrix andits faster, quieter andless vibration than the two mentioned aboved.Never heard of any problems with them.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just shot one on saturday, it was smooth and quiet, hardly any vibration. But the bow was set at 50lbs shooting a fairly heavy arrow, most any quality bow will be quiet and vibration free set up like that. But all in all I was impressed, still dont like the pivot arm though. PSE gets the same results with the short limbs and no moving parts to eventualy make noise.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 21b_sapper

I shot one yesterday and all I can say is "wow". You don't feel anything when you shoot the bow. The best thing about it. It doesn't have all the stirng suppressors on it like the Mathews Drenalin and Hoyt Vectrix andits faster, quieter andless vibration than the two mentioned aboved.Never heard of any problems with them.
I shot one the other day also. Very nice shooting bow but was set at 59#. When we cranked it up to 70#, I felt more vibration and hand shock then both the Drenalin and the Vectrix also at 70#. I would shoot it next to the above mentioned bows with the same arrow. You may find that it isnt as fast as the advertised IBO speed. I grained it out to IBO and couldnt get it over 312 fps.

Dont take me the wrong way. It is a GREAT shooter, just make sure you are comparing apples to apples when you look for aspects such as smoothness of draw, hand shock, speed, etc. Of course, a 55# Guardian has less vibration and hand shock than a 70# Vectrix. But shoot a Vectrix or Drenalin at 60 to64 # and you wont feel a thing!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not shot one yet... but my friend has one and is speechless by it... He absolutely loves it.

Quick Reply: bowtech guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.