Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need help selecting sights >

Need help selecting sights

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need help selecting sights

Old 03-09-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Need help selecting sights

I'm looking to buy a new pin sight system. I've been looking at the COBRA brand but am afraid with the fiber optic spindal exposed in the front it may create problems while hunting. What brands is everyone using and are you happy. I'm also looking for a new peep site but know which is best and why the size matters. I'll be hunting turkey and deer if that helps.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Default RE: Need help selecting sights

I've had trouble with the fact that the Cobra fibers stick too far away from the pin and are easily broken off. Toxonics tried to solve that with the Metal Optic Pin but I haven't been able to get my hands on one to evaluate it. The Spot Hogg thru-pin design is pretty durable but they get broken pretty readily as well. I have had decent luck with my Sure-Loc Leathal Weapon but only after investing in a FitzFiber upgrade (much less brittle and way brighter than stock pins) and the lense adapter ring for added pin protection. For pure pin durability I'd lean toward the Spot Hogg with Fitz Fibers (www.fitzfiber.com) and their pin guard.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure if this help. I will be using the RT900 this year. But the fibers are expose in the front like you said. Not much though. I'm only doing treestand hunt, so it might be fine as long as I don't crawl through thick stuff. I highly recommend Fitz as well.

For peep, I use the Meta Peep 3/16. You'll get by with any.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have an HHA OL5000 single pin sight which I love. It's all metal construction makes it durable, plus it's bright.Very easy to adjust.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:24 PM

I just put a Toxonics K9 53 on my Black Ice. It's very light and has protected spools of fiber. The pins are asteel blade and the fibers wrap around the back of them and really bright. Comes w/ a bubble and glow ring.
Best thing about it is it's ambidextrous.
The Tox line looks pretty good.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: early in

I have an HHA OL5000 single pin sight which I love. It's all metal construction makes it durable, plus it's bright.Very easy to adjust.
Same here. Great sight.

The movable vertical pin of the OL-5500 has 5 feet of wrapped .030" fiber-optic material attached to an integral rheostat dial so you can adjust brightness. The sight is made with a tough, lightweight CNC-machined-aluminum construction with a vibration proof cap screw and windage lock. It also has a smooth elevation hinge with easy-access knob. Black finish.
[/align]
[/align][/align]
Old 03-12-2007, 04:03 PM

Dude, get this one...

Truglo Xtreme sight, tooless, with light, made of metal, and micro adjust...can't beat that for under $80... best choice for the price...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Rookie Bowhunter

Dude, get this one...

Truglo Xtreme sight, tooless, with light, made of metal, and micro adjust...can't beat that for under $80... best choice for the price...
I agree, this is a real impressive sight at that price; well built, well protected, light and reasonably priced. TruGlo hit a homerun on this line.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:49 PM

Trophy Ridge's are durable. I also like most of the truglo's
Old 03-13-2007, 05:52 PM

I will also have to agree with one of the Trophy Ridge linw of sights.

Quick Reply: Need help selecting sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.