Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blaze vs. Quicks

Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blaze vs. Quicks

I've shot 2 inch quick spin speed hunters, just bought a bunch of blazers. Anyone have any preference on either one, blazers are a ton cheaper thats for sure.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blaze vs. Quicks

I use the Blazers out of my 2006 Switchback XT with great performance
Old 03-07-2007, 02:10 PM

I shot Blazers on my CX Maxima Hunters mainly because I had a whisker buisquit and those vanes are indestructable. Now that I have a drop away, i went with the quickspin 2" speed hunters on my Axis FMJ arrows and find they fly alot better. Definately, the Blazers are cheaper, but with the maxima hunters, the blazers were just as good as the QS.....the arrow you're using may have something to do with it also. Some shafts may need more spin to stabalize during flight.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 PM

i used blazers for 2 seasons and loved them...their a little noisey...but their an amazing broadhead vane...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

I use the Blazers out of my 2006 Switchback XT with great performance
Me too.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the blazers. I use to use the QS, however, I got tired of them deforming on me. The vanes weren't contacting anything...they were just deforming from normal use. Blazers don't do that...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:24 PM

I like the blazers because at longer ranges (50+ yards)theyhave way less drag on the arrows trajectory, where the QS's keep constant drag.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Well what kind of setup do you have if you have a WB then QS are out of the question. I find that I get a lot tighter groups with my QS and I had both. I feel if you have the FPS to give I would go with the QS since they will recover a lot more
Old 03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help. I havent had a chance to shoot any broadheads with my blazers yet, I will soon since turkey season is quickly approaching. I have shot a couple of 3-D shoots already this year and the blazers seem to do great.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, i have heard that when you fletch QS's with a Helical (right, especially) that is creates a "humming" sound...just hear say from the local archery shop, i was also debating QS's/Blazers...i went with the blazers, and wasn't left unsatisfied. thanks, KP

Quick Reply: Blaze vs. Quicks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.