Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 I'm in shock, I bought a Black Ice >

I'm in shock, I bought a Black Ice

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I'm in shock, I bought a Black Ice

Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 PM

Default I'm in shock, I bought a Black Ice

Today , my new Black Ice arrived. I'm still in shock. I needed another bow like I needed a hole in the head.
The Diamond line intrigued me just too much to resist.
I'm now in the process of setting it up and I'll post pics and hopefully some tech info.
I drew it though. WOW ..SMMOOOTH. 70 lbs feels like nothing.

I need to hear from the other Black Ice owners. You know who you are.I don't know what the string and cable lengths are. Can you let me know?
Anything else I should know??
Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm in shock, I bought a Black Ice

The biggest thing I could have told you if you didn't want to buy one is not to have ever shot it! [8D]

Congratulations, by the way... she sure is a smooth shooter!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same here. Congratulations. It sure is one sweet shooting bow.. a breeze to tune to boot.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 AM

PAB,
Any idea on string and cable lengths?
I can't find them listed on Diamond's site.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ausie Guy has the Black ice as well ,I'm sure he'll have the string measurement's for you .Just PM him .

nubo
Old 02-28-2007, 08:33 PM

I putthe Black Ice throughthe chrono today.
I must say I'm surprised it's not a little faster.
At 67lbs., 385g arrow and draw is 28" I registered 268fps.

Overall, it tuned very quickly. Irigged it w/a Trap Door rest (temporary for now), Copper John Dead Nuts sight. 1/4 in Fletcher peep,Simms S-coil stab. and a loop. Shot it through paper and w/i 5 shots produced bullets.
At 20 and 30 yards it grouped well, and I think it's still settleing a bit. I noticed the cam timing marks moved, and I expect there will be a little stretch yet to occur. I would like to see Diamond use a no-creep string and cable.

The draw is extremely smooth and the shot has a little vibration, but I'm used to shooting my other 2 bows that have NONE. Nothing an STS system probably won't cure. The bow did not jump in my hand at all, and I really like the thin grip. It settles in your hand very nicely.
Once I got home and set up the chrono, I didn't notice the vibration any longer.I tinkered w/ the draw stopthinking it was in the wrong spot,since I changed the modules from 29 to 28 myself w/o any tech info on it's placement for a shorter draw mod.I hope Diamond will e-mail me back on this. Greg/Mo, can u get any info for me on this.

Pics will be on as soon as I choose a rest. The Black Ice is a keeper.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

String length is 88 5/16" and the cable is 33 1/4"... I think we handled the other stuff via PMs.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

archer,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner but I see Greg handled everything quite well. Thank you for the nice mini-review. I think the Black Ice is going to have alot of proponents this year. The ease of tuning and excellent accuracy potential are definitely two of its strong points. I have yet to chrono mine but am starting to get the itch to do so.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM

First of all, I need to thank Greg for his invaluable information.
After moving the draw stop to the 5.7(or so)mark on the cam and tweaking the draw weight we're at 270fps.@ 67lb. w/ a 385g arrow. Plenty fast and almost idettical numbers to my SB.

For those of you who may be considering a B.I. , I will say that the adjustable draw stop is a great feature. You have the ability to micro tune your draw length and let-off if you have use of a chrono. This is a feature I did not know Iwould care about.

It's funny that the vibration I first felt seems to have decreased to the point it's not noticeable. It must have been from the bow settleing in the box. I'm still going to get an STS for it. That should eliminate it altogether.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM

archer58,

Congratulations, from one owner to another.

Rod

Quick Reply: I'm in shock, I bought a Black Ice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.