Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select >

Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select

Old 02-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select

We are carrying CX arrows at the shop this year, and glad we are. Folks really like them so far. I ordered a dozen Maxima 3D Selects and am nothing short of amazed. CX has tolerances that are just incredible. The 3D selects are straight to .001, and that's over the ENTIRE length of a 32" arrow. All other arrows are measured over a 6" length, I believe, but I know CX are the only ones that measure over the entire length. I was a HUGE fan of Easton ACC, but these are straighter and tougher. ACC's are straight to .002.

The cross weave construction is incredibly durable, and the finish on them allows them to be pulled from targets quite easily. I shot them into a McKenzie bear and they pull right out.

The second photo is of the bulldog nock collar. This protects the end of the shaft when they are slammed together. I have ruined alot of arrows by cracking the very end of them by the nock. The bulldog takes care of that problem.

The only problem I have run into is wraps don't like to stick. I cleaned them w/ alcohol and that helped, but a little scuffing w/ some steel wool would do the trick. Vanes on the other hand stick fast, no problems at all. I'm not really sure what the deal is with that, but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

My groups shrank, I picked up quite a bit of speed, and they just fly amazingly well. I can't say enough good about them, I am really impressed. I hope to be shooting these for a long, long time. Check them out at www.carbonexpressarrows.com for more technical information.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 PM

Default RE: Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select

Well, apparently I can only upload one photo per post, so here is the photo of the bulldog nock collar. The nocks themselves are also very good. They fit tight and are very straight.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:20 PM

And one more. This one shows the cross weave construction. The spine consistency on the Maxima's are also very impressive. In fact, the entire line of Maxima's are awesome. The hunter's have the weight forward technology for better FOC and broadhead flight. The price isn't bad either, we sell the Maxima Hunter for $130/dozen, and the 3D Select for $140.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Good review Mobow.

I have to admit, when I picked up my bow I had also picked up a dozen Maxima Hunters. The guy behind the counter talked me out of them, claiming the FMJ's were a better all around arrow. The new Weight Forward technology they're incorporating into their design has piqued my interest, however.

I may try them out next spring just to see what they're like.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Nice...how does one obtain them? Dealer locator did not work within 100 mi. of me.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure their dealer locator is working properly, either that or just isn't updated. I know you can get them online via ebay, I've seen them there, or www.keystonecountrystore.com .
Old 02-25-2007, 08:44 PM

I just bought some of the Maxima Hunters off of EBAY. A dozen shipped to my door in 2 days. My dadis finishing them for me (I don't have my own stuff to make arrows yet)so I don't have them to shoot, he should be mailing them back to me in a little bit.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just picked up 1/2 dozen Maxima Hunter 350s... I have not shot them yet.. but will try them out Sat.
I put 2" blazers on them.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also shoot the Carbon Express Maximas 250s, excellent, excellent, excellent arrow
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 AM

www.lancasterarchery.com
They carry them here either made to order or raw shafts.

Quick Reply: Carbon Express Maxima 3D Select

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.