Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New bow input - Help!  Too much info. >

New bow input - Help! Too much info.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New bow input - Help! Too much info.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default New bow input - Help! Too much info.

I hate to admit this, but I haven't had a new bow for 15 years! I got a young man interested in archery this year and in that process I now have the bug to get a new bow. Here is the rub - bow technology has changes SO MUCH since I was in the market for a new bow that I'm not exactly sure which way to jump. Here is the deal. I want a bow that is designed to be released from the wall, as if the bow is inviting back tension. Beyond that, I am interested in the normal stuff, ease of tuning, accuracy, reduced noise level, forgiving nature, etc. etc. So, which design is the ticket? Single cam? Hybrid cam? Parallel limb? Oh yeah, I don't think that it really matters, but I shoot left handed.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Bow_hunter44
Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New bow input - Help! Too much info.

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Best advice I can give you is go to a Pro Shop and shoot as many bows as you can from different manufacturers and pick the one that feels best to you.

There will be one bow that will jump up and say "I'm for you" it might be a Hoyt, Mathews,Bowtech,Diamond,Bear,Ross or any one of the other bows on the market but you have to shoot as many as you can
Old 02-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe I should rephrase my question. Are the new technology bows (single cam, hybrid cam) designed to be released from the wall? As in, as far back in the draw cycle as possible.

Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most of todays bows have draw stops which will give you a rock solid back wall and yes they are designed to shoot off the wall
Old 02-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks!! I have been shooting bows for along time now, but since I started looking at new bows recently and withthe HUGE change in technology I feel like a rank amateur! I suppose considering the amount I have to learn, I AM a rank amaetur!

Thanks again!