Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Impact archery's Cosmo

Old 12-08-2002, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Impact archery's Cosmo

I am interested in putting the new Cosmo on a new bow, can anyone give me the pro's and con's of this sight. Is it a good choice for hunting? or is prefered for 3D? What kind of price range would I be looing at?

Nubo
Old 12-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Impact archery's Cosmo

They are THE brightest sight on the market bar none. They look like they have a battery in them they are that bright. Believe it or not you can get a light attatchment for them. They sell between 60-100 dollars. There are several different models. I work part-time in an archery shop and we sell alot of them. One con is that they are a bit heavy especially the pin sight with the fibers wrapped around on the right side of the sight. Another con is that they tend, with some shooters, to have a halo effect because they are so bright. But The wraps in the fibers is how they get there brightness. Overall they are a quality made sight. and decently priced. If you have any further questions just e-mail me if you want.

LIFE MEMBER: United Bowhunters of PA. >>------> (x)
Old 12-11-2002, 08:18 PM

THE BEST SIGHT EVER!!!!! I took a cosmic ring sight, drilled out an old Archers choice sight bracket and tapped it, then drilled the quarter inch bar into it. They are SOOO bright. Ive been walkin out when it was dark, and i mean DARK, and the pin is still glowing. I highly recomend them, you wont be disapointed. Great for hunting cause of the brightness. As for 3D, if its to bright, u can take some velcro pieces and put them above and below the sight, then put the velcro over the rim of the sight to kinda take some light away. I also took some flourescent green cresting paint and painted to ring around the pin so i oculd see the outline in the dark. Take a look at them
Old 12-19-2002, 07:43 AM

I HAVE JUST THE PIN ASSEMBLY AND WOULD TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING THE PIN IS BRIGHT AND SMALL. STAYS BRIGHT AT DUSK OR DAWN WITH OUT THE NEED FOR I LIGHT...I ALSO USE IT FOR 3D SHOOTS
Old 12-20-2002, 06:40 PM

I have the cosmic scope on a fixed mount. It is great for hunting. I personally shot in the dark at my range and could see the pin. It is the brightest sight (without batterys)that I have ever used. I do get a halo effect if I use it in bright light. This is usually not a problem during hunting hours in the woods.....
Old 12-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Cosmic on my FX Mathews. This single pin sight really improved my shooting a lot. The only thing I have found wrong is to change yardages you have two thumb screws loosen. I usually set my yardage on 25 yards and leave it there for hunting.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's for your feedback guy's ,I have to decided that this sight is the one I'm going to put on my new bow.
nubo