Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Good Starter Bow for Girlfriend? >

Good Starter Bow for Girlfriend?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Good Starter Bow for Girlfriend?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Good Starter Bow for Girlfriend?

I'm looking at getting my girlfriend a bow. What kind of bow do ya'll recommend. I'm looking for something that must have a pretty good letoff (most modern compounds do so its not too big of a deal, but you understand the worry). Any kind of advice would be great on this one, thanks!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good Starter Bow for Girlfriend?

Get the Equalizer. She'll be plenty happy.

Yeah, take her in and have her shoot it. Make sure you bring the plastic/check book.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

smurphy just posted his and his girl friends choice. (could have been his wife, but they don't stop being girl friends, do they?) I think it was a pearson model.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM

check out parker
Old 02-20-2007, 04:11 PM

I shoot a parker and love it, I was just curous what others may have gotten their girlfriends/wives to shoot. I'll look for that post, thanks guys!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

BROWNING makes excellent women and children bows. Check them out, and they are really affordable
Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM

thanks ill take a look.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Have her figure out what the draw weight she is comfie shooting then visit Pro Shop after pro shop and try as many as you can. (I am sure you know that). I drove 100's of miles and tried the Hoyt Selena, Matthews Outback, The PSE Nova, Jennings CCR14 I think it was the Bow Tech Equilizer the Diamond Rapture and a few more But all had something to offer. Some where in expensive, smooth, no shock

After all the testing The Bow that summed up the important factors theBow which sheselected was the HOYT SELENA. A very close 2nd was the Diamond Rapture. All had there good qualities she just felt most comfortable with the Selena.

Hoyt Selena set to 40# (50 max)
Impact archery 3 pin sight( very Brite)
Fuse 6oz stabilizer
Meta 1/4 peep
FYI
The rapture was replaced this year by the EDGE if I am not mistaken
Old 02-20-2007, 07:53 PM

I was plannig on taking her to a couple of the local shops back home during spring break. She's 5 hrs away from me right now and I dont really know what she could be able to pull anyway. My guess would be around 35-40 right now, she's never shot before and I wouldnt want to overstress the memory muscles on the first outing. I was really just curious as to what kind of bows have been working well for beginners as of late, so thanks a ton for all the replies! Keep em comin!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:10 AM

I bought my wife a browning adrenaline XS. It is smooth and I was very surprised how fast it is. You can adjust the draw length with out a bow press there is inches of adjustment from 18-inch draw. I got a great deal on it from my pro-shop I paid $200.00 for the bow. It came with a quiver and 3 arrows. I also bought her f-18top gun sights,a light for her sights,whisker Biscuit,a half a dozen of carbon force arrows, peep and a s-coil limbsaver. that added another $120.00. I got her a great bow for the money. I didn't have to buy her a whisker Biscuit her bow came with a rest that had two fingers that held the arrow but she was a first time shooter so I thought it would be easer for her.She just loves shooting we have shot every day since she has had her bow. Here are the specs.on this bow String/cable: Dynaflyte 97 – Strong, reliable, durable, and fast.
Adjustability: Adjust draw length over a 10-inch range: 18-28 inches
Weight: 2.6 pounds
IBO: 280 f.p.s.
Let-off: 70%
Brace Height: 6 1/4 inches
Axle to Axle: 32 inches

hope this helps smurphy<><

Quick Reply: Good Starter Bow for Girlfriend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.