Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 MeanV Custom String Suppressor >

MeanV Custom String Suppressor

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

MeanV Custom String Suppressor

Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 PM

Default RE: MeanV Custom String Suppressor

Thanks, I thought people meant that it actually worked better, sorry, thats for clearing that up.
The guy that started the thread stated it works better than the STS
This thing actually works a lot better than the STS I had.
I have never used the STS so I can't say.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

The guy that started the thread stated it works better than the STS
That I did and I will still stand by those words.

The STS done nothing for the bow I had it on and made absolutely no difference to the bow when I took it off.

Of course I have not tried the STS on my current bow and am not likely too becauseI threw it in the trash.
Now others have said the STS worked for them and I am not going to argue with them about it I am going on my findings.
I dont sugar coat anything and if a product works for me I will say so just the same as if a product does not work for me I am going to say so.

I have paid for and tested a lot of products that where just plain junk and have told the manufracturers about my findings some have thanked me others have responded in a not so good way

I am in no way saying the STS is junk if you have the STS and it works for you then thats good.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never tried the STS but I can tell you I'm gonna order one of MeanV's Custom String Supressors when I get my new Allegiance in. (I'm waiting to get it in before placing my order because Dan likes to have the actual measurement of your own bow so he can get the tolerances just right... )

I like the fact that it's not bulky, will be camo'd to match my bow, has extremely clean lines, and will hopefully allow me to remove my string leeches on my new Allegiance and still have a quiet shot, thereby allowing me to pick up a couple feet per second. I've never had to worry about string slap, as I shoot with a pretty good bend in my bow arm, but just in case I'm wearing my big wool bomber jacket from Gray Wolf Woolens or something in late season, it may help there too.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:28 AM

can he make them for the front stabalizer hole too. i have a reflex and they olny have a front stabalizer hole.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

zhunter62, PM sent

I got a CSS from MEanV by adapting my Reflex lower cable guard to an upper cable guard, then you have the rear hole available for the CSS. I will get pics when the CSS comes in. BTW, I needed to use an adapter anyway, since I wanted to add a Muzzy Zero Effect rest(thanks Greg), and I did not have a cable guard for it.
Hope that helps!
Dand
Old 02-09-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm waiting for mine to come in any day now from MeanV. Can't wait to not hear my Tribute. Will let u all know how it goes.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:17 AM

i traded dan a couple for some strings. he even went online and found out what camo jason's bow had - because i couldn't tell you the name of any camo other than asat or enigma. they're nice, and i like the connection feature much better than my sts's. dan and i have been doing business together for a while and he's a great guy and a straight shooter. john

um, russell - that's a nice pic and all - but it'd look a whole lot better w/ those pretty strings i made.

and good luck on the hog hunt to the burleson boys.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have one from Dan for my Guardian, but haven't put it on yet as I haven't had the time to start shooting the bow. I'm going to shoot a few shots without it and then a cople with to see how much more of a difference there is.

I've heard some people say things about using an STS on a Guardian, thought I'm not sure exactly what they were saying the problem is.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 PM

I think you have it upside down. it (i thought) it should be closer to the nock .
Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give 'im some slack, PA... everything's upside-down in Australia! [8D]

Quick Reply: MeanV Custom String Suppressor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.