Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

pendulum sights?

Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM

Default pendulum sights?

i know there are many different brands and all that good stuff that make pendulum sights. but i just wanted to have yalls general opinion, of those poeple that have them or have shot them before, how do you like them?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Default RE: pendulum sights?

I considered getting one a couple months back, but ended not doing so. There are really not that many manufacturers of them compared to other sights. I have gotten feedback that some love them and others do not like them. I ended up going with a hind site.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Vital Bow Gear Camelback pendulum site. It's really nice and rugged. It has a locking mechanism on the top/back, so you can lock it down or shooting on level ground.

Some people like pendulums, others don't. It all depends on personal preference. My VBG Camelback is only good out to about 30 yards. That is the one drawback on pendulums. The good side of pendulums is that, once you get them sighted in properly, you are then dead on accurate from 5 yards out to about 25-30, in every given situation too. No guesswork involved.

Butch A.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 PM

I haven't had the need for a pendulum since I've been stationed out west, but I used to shoot the keller and loved it. It had a screw to lock it in place for shooting on the ground, and a red light to illuminate your pins at dawn and dusk. As long as you were between 20-30 feet off the ground it preformed flawlessly. I took several deer from east centralAlabama using mine without ever a second guess. Just put your pin behind the shoulder and let it rip. When I make it back to whitetail country I'll be sure to purchase another.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:26 PM

If you hunt from a tree, ya cant beat em. I used a Keller for years. Im plannig on switching to a modern one though. Keller makes too much noise.