Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal >

Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

Old 01-31-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

I have a bow I don't care for and plan to get a new one in the $400 and under catagory. Believe it or not, there are several highly thought of bows in that range. I have narrowed the choice down to the Instinct and Bengal. It is not possible for me to get away somewhere to shoot each so my plan (if you can call it that) is to get the best price on each and go with the least expensive.

I need a 30-inch draw in a 50-60# bow and need a smooth draw. I have been hunting compounds for just one year despite being 58 and need a smooth draw to be able to practice enough. Opinions on these two bows requested if you have them.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:23 AM

Default RE: Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

I shot the Instinct, its a smooth shooting bow. My brother-n-law has the Instinct and he loves it. Its a great bow for the money. Its quiet, fast, easy to draw. I couldn't tell you about the Martin Bengal because I never shot one before. I think they sell them at bass pro shops and cableas. Check out there web-site and read the reviews about them.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:09 AM

The Mpro cam on the bengal is one of the smoothest cams on the market. 70# feels more like 60#. If i were getting a bow in the $400 range I honestly think the bengal cant be beat. Its right up there with most of the $600 plus bows. Shoot them both and decide for yourself.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Do you have a local dealer that carries either of these bows?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I understand what you are saying, I just turned 58 in November and purchased a new bow. I went from a 60-70# draw weight to 50-60# and shot many bows to find the type of smoothness you are talking about. I just couldn't shoot as much as I like with some of the bows that had a real hard valley as the cams come over. I can pull them and make a shot but to shoot 30-60 practice arrows is way to much. I spent alot of bucks on the bow I am now using and then bought same brand for target. The Martin is a well built smooth drawing bow and will probably hold it's value a little more than the Bear (sad to say). Try as best you can to go shoot the bows and compare, that would be better then getting the best price and being unhappy with the best price bow.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

DEFENITELY THE BENGAL
Old 02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

If you haven't shot a mission give it a try at $339 it is an awesome bow. Mission archery is the poor mans switchback it is a company similar to diamond /bowtech. I shot the truth,instinct, ross, switchback and trykon. The matthews and hoyt obviosly are exceptional. The mission has a very and I mean very similar cam to switchback same draw feel which i like personal preference. The price is well worth the bow. It also has the same string suppressors as matthews 3.7 lbs and a speed of i believe 305 take a look at www.missionarchery.com I haven't shot the bengal no dealers around hear I really would have loved too heard also a great bow for the money
Old 02-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Hey Sapper,
Am wondering how you like your Truth? Am toying with the idea of the Truth of Black Ice. Havent shot them yet but want your input.
Thanks.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:36 PM

I love it. I thinks its a great bow for the money. I never shot the Black Ice, but heard alot of good things about it from people that shot or own one. I don't think you can wrong with either bow. Go shoot both of them and get what fits you the best. When I purchased "Truth", I also shot the Mathews Xt, Hoyt Trykon & Vectrixo. I tell you this the Trykon was the first one I put back. I was very dissapointed in the way it shot and felt to me. The Vectrix and XT was ok. But the one thing I liked about the Truth is that it didn't have the string suppressers on it like the XT and Vectrix and it still shot as smooth if not smoother than them 2 with out it. If you have any more questions just ask.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:04 AM

What about noise and vibration? And have you chrono'd yours with all your gear on it and if so, how fast r u shooting compared to the advertised IBO of 314 fps?

Jake

Quick Reply: Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.