Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback XT

Old 01-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Switchback XT

What is all your guys reations, I am eiter looking at getting one of these or an Allegiance? Any help would be appreciated
Righty
Old 01-17-2007, 02:57 PM

Default RE: Switchback XT

We'll let NYRACKADDICT take thisone. Mathews are great bow's but I'll suggest shooting the Alegiance too. You may like it more. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:34 PM

That's funny that his reply got removed!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bottom line is you can kill a deer with any good quality bow.
That said,I LOVE my switchback XT and if I knew I could not get another 1,you would have to shoot me to get mine.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot both and i hate mathews,but they are a nice both. I liked it but i will stickwith pse.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Shoot all the bows that you can and pick the one that fits you best!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Switchback XT... The best bow I've ever owned... I would definately recommend shooting the allegiance and the switcback... they are both great... one will feel "right".

Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Have anybody that own one have problems with the limbs cracking.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had both hanging side by side in my archery room last year... They're both nice bows, yet have some very notable differences. I won't retype what I've written, as a quick search with my name in the user box and coupling "switchback" and "allegiance" in the search engine should turn it up pretty quickly.

As far as cracking limbs, I'd say it's safe to say that none of the top manufacturers are having any more problems than anyone else, even though you'll see phases where it seems people are starting threads about certain bow makers. Most of these turn up to be false or embellished. I know right now, there's a plethora of threads on the forums about Mathews' new Slimline limbs experiencing a high break percentage, but I wouldn't put any more stock into that than I would others I've seen about different companies. Bottom line is the big-name manufacturers are all good.

You definitely need to shoot both of these bows, because as I mentioned the extremely different attributes each one offers.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I had both hanging side by side in my archery room last year... They're both nice bows, yet have some very notable differences. I won't retype what I've written, as a quick search with my name in the user box and coupling "switchback" and "allegiance" in the search engine should turn it up pretty quickly.

As far as cracking limbs, I'd say it's safe to say that none of the top manufacturers are having any more problems than anyone else, even though you'll see phases where it seems people are starting threads about certain bow makers. Most of these turn up to be false or embellished. I know right now, there's a plethora of threads on the forums about Mathews' new Slimline limbs experiencing a high break percentage, but I wouldn't put any more stock into that than I would others I've seen about different companies. Bottom line is the big-name manufacturers are all good.

You definitely need to shoot both of these bows, because as I mentioned the extremely different attributes each one offers.
Well said Greg ....

Western MA said it well ..... one will feel right to you ... you need to shoot both, and whatever way you go ... no need to look back .... both are awesome bow companies ... as are Ross and Hoyt and others ...

Quick Reply: Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.