Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

blazers vs. feathers

Old 01-14-2007, 01:14 PM

Default blazers vs. feathers

i am shooting a quiktune drop away rest w/ feathered maximas and i am noticing small feather fragments on my moleskin so it must be hitting somewhere......i was wondering if blazers would take this problem away? i have heard nothing but good things aboutthe blazersand just wanted to hear some opinions......thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: blazers vs. feathers

Personally, I would think you'd get MORE contact with the Blazers... that's what makes them effective in their own right: the fact they're taller in profile. That extra tallness, in my mind, would possibly induce MORE fletching contact.

Plus, they're not nearly as forgiving of that said contact... Their extra stiffness would be a major problem in the area of contact.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

One final thought... Irrespective of all that, you need to tune out the contact no matter which fletching you decide to use.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Personally, I would think you'd get MORE contact with the Blazers... that's what makes them effective in their own right: the fact they're taller in profile.
Actually, no they aren't, they just get to that height on a steeper incline.....And if they are taller, which they aren't, but it would be very, very, very little....

Greg hit the nail on the head, it's a tuning issue, and that needs to be worked out....
Old 01-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Bohning Blazer is 0.600 inches tall, a normal Gateway 4" feather is 0.610 inches tall.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good deal, Mobow... I never measured 'em while tinkering with them over the summer. The steepness presents a bit of an optical illusion then.

But you do hafta admit they're stiff sonofaguns!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Yes, that sharp incline does indeed make them look taller, no question about that....

You got that right mon ami...they are definetly stiff! They don't like to bounce off sticks very well, that's for sure...NOT that I would know...[8D]
Old 01-15-2007, 12:53 PM

Thanks....ill have to go in and get it looked at
Old 01-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had my bow tuned w/ feathers, switched to blazers and there was no difference in paper tear.
I do like the way the blazers fly... I have never shot better.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Am currently shooting a Trophy Taker drop away with 4 inch vanes. Am wondering the advantages, if any, of going to 2 inch quick spin blazer vanes. Anyone?

Quick Reply: blazers vs. feathers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.