Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Talkin blood lights and carts >

Talkin blood lights and carts

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Talkin blood lights and carts

Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Talkin blood lights and carts

So, after this year, I think these are the two top items on my "To Get" list.

I had a real time finding blood this year on a buck I shot at dusk. I would like to try one of them UV? lights. How well do they work? Could you recommend me one that has proven results?

I'm also looking for a deer cart, I have been fortunate enough to have a buddy with one. But we might not be hunting together next year. He has a big green dolly setup that works awesome. I believe it was custom made, not bought. I know I can look through cabelas and other hunting places, but I really like hearing about your experiences.

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Talkin blood lights and carts

My thoughts on the deer cart.

I have a Cabelas Mag hauler and it works awesome. Whatever cart you get make sure the wheels are on the outside of the frame so the deer sits in between them. With the cart I have the deer sits low and in between the wheels and its real hard to tip it over. You can wheel the deer out by yourself with no problem and even go over small trees laying down. My buddy has a cart where the wheels are under the frame and the thing wants to tip over every 5 ft. Hes tossing his in the trash after using mine.

Best investement you will have once you get one.

Don
Old 12-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

The Gerber blood light I have works pretty well. I think the blood needs to be wet for it to work the best though.

MC
Old 12-29-2006, 09:00 AM

Every review I have seen on the Gerber and other blood lights is that they are junk.
We bought a pair to use. After the first time we tried to use it to track a deer, we realized that a good flashlight was as good or better.Flood light or lantern is the best.Brought one back and got the money back, the other is just sitting on the shelf. Just one more thing that is marketed to be the best thing ever for deer hunters that doesn't live up to the advertising. For the 40 ro 50 bucks the thing costs, you can buy a really good LED.

I got a great laugh on another forum where a guy sold one of theGerber litesin the classifieds, said it worked great. Then about a week later the guy that bought it really flamed him on the forum because it was total crap. Do a search on this forum, I think you will find similar sentiments about the Gerber lite and similar.

The one that might and shouldwork, I have not and I do not know anyone that has tried one, is the one where you spray a soloution and shine a UV light. The reaction makes the blood glow brightly (like CSI). The things I have read is that this system works pretty well, but I don't have any first hand knowledge.

Hank
Old 12-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

The blood light is junk. Don't waste the money.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:57 PM
dws

I have a cart with the wheels under the frame and it has tipped a couple of times but it sure beats dragging. If I ever got another one it would have the wheels on the outside of the frame. I haven't used one of the bloodlights but I haven't seen anything better than a coleman lantern with aluminum foil wrapped around half of the glass to reflect the light out of your face and to where you need it most. It might seem a little old fashioned but it works.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeeeee......thanks guys!

I bought one of those lights with the red and blue LEDs

I thought they were all the rage.

Never got to use it and now you guys are saying they are junk. I was reading on another thread a while back how great they were. Guys were saying how much easier it is to see blood.

Where was this post .....BEFORE......I spent the $15
Old 12-30-2006, 12:16 PM

Matt in IL, I bought a folding cart from Gander Mountain. I've had it for 3 yrs & love it. The wheels come off & store inbetween the handle & bottom portion of the cart. The handle slides in to the frame, & it has back pack straps. It's aluminum, so its light. It also has quickrelease straps to secure the deer. It cost was about $120. Kinda of pricey, but I just hauled a buck up an embankment in 10" snow, w/no problems. The wheels are large enough to go over good size logs. It also has a storage pouch on it for the cotter pins & axles.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are into gadjets,Buy some luminol and a bottle of peroxide.The stuff lights up real well without a light.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you can and weather and temperature are not an issue just wait till the next day to track. waiting is most always the best option i feel. a buddy of mine says you gotta get right on them and bleed them out but i think this makes little sence. save your money. ive also tried the peroxide and it works but no sure thing either.

Quick Reply: Talkin blood lights and carts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.