Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bear vs. jennings

Old 12-20-2006, 05:27 PM

Default bear vs. jennings

Thinking about buying a new bow. Have been looking at the Bear Instinct and Element. Also quite interested in the new Jennings Strike. Anybody out there have any advice or input. Thanks for the help.

Good huntin'

Muzzymad
Old 12-20-2006, 05:47 PM

Default RE: bear vs. jennings

i'm lookin for a new bow also, i think my options are down to the element and instinct as you said, but i also like the diamond rapture. i didn't really look at the new jennings yet. i hear reflex and martin make some good qualtiy bows in the same price range
Old 12-20-2006, 07:59 PM

Have shot all three. Love both the instinct and element if you have an extra 100 try the truth also by bear. Yes Bear is less in cost but it is quality equipment. To also keep in mind Papa Bear wanted everyone to enjoy archery and company keeps it in mind when it comes to pricing there product.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have shot all three as well and must say that there is very little difference between the three of them in terms of overall shot feel. I think any of them would make an excellent choice within that price range.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:25 AM

Dont forget about the new Mathews Mission bows,They are a good bow in the lower price range.

WWW.Missionarchery.com
Old 01-13-2007, 01:40 PM

keep in mind one other thing....... Bear bought Jennings so it's the same brand they are just respecting the names of each individual manufacturer...

i was not completely sure on this until i had to order some parts for my Jennings and was actually told to contact Bear.

speed

Old 01-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i like both of the bear bow. But i am a pse and bear fan my self.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:42 PM

I just recently shot the Fred Bear, Instinct, Element & The Truth. All 3 did shoot and feel differently. If I had to choose between the Instimct and Element I will choose the Instinct. It all depends on what you can afford and what fits you the best. You can't go wrong with either bow.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Host of Hosts

Dont forget about the new Mathews Mission bows,They are a good bow in the lower price range

Have you shot a new Mission Archery bow?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:49 PM

I had a Bear/Jennings "Stealth" bow back in 92'. Short ATA, 3 1/4" cams, it wasn't quietest bow but man was aluminum movin'. I believe Bear bought out Jennings after Jennings loss in court to Allen over a patent suitin 78' or 79'.
Papa Bear bought them shortly there after. I'm not 100% sure though.

Quick Reply: bear vs. jennings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.