Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What to do??

Old 12-17-2006, 04:20 PM

Default What to do??

I am in the market for a new bow and I am not sure which one to pick. My prospects are and in this order, Vectrix, Allegiance, Guardian or Drenilan. I have given advice to guys asking this question before, shoot them all and pick which on feels the best. Well I am sure I cannot shoot them all to their potential, and they are all top of the line bows that nothing sticks out as amazing, making one that much better than the other. What is a man to do and I can't afford them all.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 PM

Default RE: What to do??

I would buy a 06 bowtech ! theirs no reason for a 07 the 06 is still the best BT has ever came out with IMO ! But I have'nt shot the commander yet ! hoyt I would get the Vectrix big improvement over last year. mathews get a SB save $$. this is just my 2 cents !
Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 AM

Grip fit and draw/shot feel is going to be the major difference and you can't judge those without putting them all in your hand...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ash2042

I am in the market for a new bow and I am not sure which one to pick. My prospects are and in this order, Vectrix, Allegiance, Guardian or Drenilan. I have given advice to guys asking this question before, shoot them all and pick which on feels the best. Well I am sure I cannot shoot them all to their potential, and they are all top of the line bows that nothing sticks out as amazing, making one that much better than the other. What is a man to do and I can't afford them all.
You have a point about shooting up to the bows' potential, but then no archer can shoot up to a bow's potential. We make mental errors. Bows don't. By shooting them all you are just trying to get a feel of what fits you and your shooting style. Maybe you want speed. Maybe you want a smooth draw. A slim grip. That's why we say "What feels the best for you".

There is no BEST bow for everybody or that's what everybody would be shooting and a lot of companies would go under. In fact, there's no BEST anything in archery. Equipment is such a subjective matter and nobody has the time or resources to try everything to have an educated opinion. You do the best you can with what you can get your hands on.

Frankly I wouldn't buy any of the bows you mention simply because that's me. I don't buy into all the hype and hoopla every year. This year's latest and greatest is not that far above last year's technology to justify the money, but guys think so.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:42 AM

Frankly I wouldn't buy any of the bows you mention simply because that's me. I don't buy into all the hype and hoopla every year. This year's latest and greatest is not that far above last year's technology to justify the money, but guys think so.
I don't really buy into the hype either, I am really leaning towards the allegiance or vectrix. The ally has been refined over the years and should make an awesome hunting bow, basically all the bugs are worked out. The vectrix in my opinion is just a refined trykon, less refined than the allegiance. All hoyt did is change the cams and add a stealth shot and change the name.