Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

huntersfriend?

Old 12-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default huntersfriend?

I'm looking to buy a new bow, and have heard some good things about huntersfriend.com, and when i checked it out they had 1 of the bows on my list of options (Fred Bear Element) for $535 for a complete package, basically ready to shoot. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this website or any others like it. Cabela's has this same package basically, except its $360, but not set up at all, and being that im relatively new to bowhunting, i dont know the first thing about setting up and tuning a bow. I understand alot of people on here would recommend that i go to a local bow shop and buy from them, but ive been to the bow shops in my area, and they dont carry any of the lower end bows, which is all i can afford right now. Ive got 1 more shop to visit over christmas break, and if they dont have what im looking for i'll be forced to look for another option. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks

Schobs
Old 12-16-2006, 03:44 PM

Default RE: huntersfriend?

We all started out somewere ! start reading everything you can about tuning & shooting . watch other shooters & ask alot of questions most people at local shoots are willing to help ! check out their setups & ask them about it
Old 12-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

go here http://www.huntersfriend.com/testimonial.htm ....mine is the 3rd one from the top. im Devin from PA...

to sum it up...i LOVE my package...that arrow aint the only one i broke..never shot a bow in my life...robinhooded my first arrow within 50shots or so. since then(july i believe) ive shot 3 more of my own arrows..them ones were at 35yds!!

the proshops here dont treat me any diffrent with a bow i didnt buy there. they actually cut me deals because i was there so much in a week lol. once my string stretched things got out of whack a bit..and i fudged up the tune trying to do it myself without the tools..soooo i went there and had it retuned..had them cut my arrows(they were too long) and had them refletch them all.

this is my first 35yd group from when i got home from the proshop!

to say i love my bow is an understatement...im 100% satisfied and i save alot of money....

PS.....check out the Reflex Highlander...nothing wrong with the fred bear im sure....but the reflex is a GREAT bow..and IMO it comes with better stuff than the Fred Bear...i went with the nap quick tune 1000 rest and the truglo 5pin sights...its all personal prefrence..

good luck....
Old 12-17-2006, 05:50 AM

ITS a great place to get a bow threw, I ordered my 2 years ago and couldnt be happier, I myself had problems around where i live with bows myself being left handed all the bows i was looking at had to be orderd,causing delays for me ,or the dealer didnt want to get stuck with the bow,i agree the highlander is a great bow there are afew people on here that have them and speak great things about them for the price you cant go wrong, i bought the last year of the reflex grizzley , what everway you go good luck , just pratice ,practice practice
Old 12-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

this post is right on time. I have similar issues related to getting a new bow and getting started in bow hunting and have been wondering whether huntersfriend is a great place to start. i'll probably give them a closer look too.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Ol JohnnyBoy, I just went to the bowshop tonight and got my bow set aside. through a buddy of mine i found a shop that had lots of bows that i could shoot and once i finally found one i liked and felt good, he got me all set up with all the needed accessories, and had me shooting it in the back within an hour, and shooting 3" groups at 20 yards after about 10 shots. I went with the Fred Bear Element, a wonderful bow in my opinion. The setup was similar to the package on Huntersfriend, minus the case, broadheads and quiver. It cost me $470, but i believe its worth every penny, plus the guy said i could come back and shoot whenever i wanted and he would help me out with any problems i ever have with it. I highly reccommend checking out some shops before buying from any place online. you wont know how the bows shoot by reading what other people say about them. I learned a good lesson tonight, and will be sticking with bow shops for all my business from now on. just my $0.02.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:09 PM

I got my Reflex Grizzly from them in the summer of 2005, they were great to me and they know their stuff REAL well. My bow was dialed in perfect. Talk to Mike, he helped me out alot and to this day helps me out with questions that I have!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:48 AM

Gander Mountain also has the package for 399. They will set it up for you at no cost. When you finally get your bow let us know how the fever takes effect on you.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Oh the fever has already set in, after i went and shot it yesterday and had it put aside for me, i had a hard time fallin asleep last night, all i could think about was that bow. This may seem a lil crazy, but compared to the bow i was shooting, this thing is a dream. Xmas is saturday for me now! hopefully i'll be tearin the wrapping paper off a new target sun or mon, that way i'll have somethin to shoot at.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:50 AM

Huntersfriend is a great resource and has some good deals. I would still go to a bow shop and shoot the models you are looking at before you buy. good luck......

Quick Reply: huntersfriend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.