Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews, Bear, Hoyt

Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Mathews, Bear, Hoyt

I'll admit that I never thought I'd see Bear bows being compared to "the big 2". However, I'm glad that a few of the bow shop owners urged me to try shooting one. Like I stated in an early reply I went into it more open minded this time around and I'd never thought I would go with a Bear. After shooting Hoyt bows for the last 16 years I have absolutly nothing but good things to say. I shot probably about 15 different bows and this year the Bear was for me. You said you "never seen" a Bear compare to "the big 2". Did you have a chance to shoot the 07 Truth yet?
Old 01-07-2007, 03:53 PM

my bow of choice !!! '05 Illusion, Spot hog site, Trophy Taker shaky, vibra-check carbon stabilzer, sts, kyber offset, quiet and fast !!!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 PM

what bow would you buy the mahtews drenalin or the hoyt vectrix
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM

I just recently shot all 3 bows mentioned above. All I have to say is that the Fred Bear "The Truth" was the best bow for me. I thought the Mathews shot good but I didn't care for the way it felt to me when I shot it. The Hoyt Vectrix was alright also but I didn't like all the vibration after the shot,the Fred Bear and Mathews never had that much vibration. Since the Fred Bear "The Truth" was $150 cheaper and fit me the best so that is what I went with. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the 3.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 PM

I will buy mahtews drenalin over the Hoyt any day of the week.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 PM

I will buy the mahtews drenalin over the Hoyt Vectrix any day
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 AM

It's amazing to see how simple minded some people can be. This thread is basicly turning intothe same thing you will find under the blackpowder section, Thompson Center this, Thompson Center that. IMO, go out shoot a lot of bows and buy the best one thatYOU like and can afford. It's that simple. Dont look at the brand name, I'm not saying that you should buy a no name bow, but there are alot of well known bow manufactuers that offer affordable bows, Fred Bear and Diamond being just a few of them.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

That's a good point. The top of the line bows for 800 bucks aren't always all that much better than some of the 400 dollar bows out there. The slight bit of speed and smoothness that you gain doesn't really justify the extra 300 - 400 dollars IMO.

Well said and I agree. I'll be taking a good look at some of the more inexpensive bows for my next one. You won't pay so much for the name!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 PM

I wasn't being small minded, I was just answering the guys question.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:04 PM

I wasn't really refering to you, I was speaking of "cornfed". Everyone has their own opinion but with out shooting the bow, you can't form one.

Quick Reply: Mathews, Bear, Hoyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.