Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 PSE Nova opinions please >

PSE Nova opinions please

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE Nova opinions please

Old 12-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default PSE Nova opinions please

I'm going to purchase a bow for the first time. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I don't want a cheap POS either. Someone at work has a Nova and really likes it, so I was hoping some people on here could give me their opinions. Feel free to recommend something else as long as its not a ton more expensive.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:07 PM

Default RE: PSE Nova opinions please

The first bow i owned after my little youth micro midas was a Nova. Its extremely quiet, it just lacks a couple things that are really completely unnessicary for deer hunting like an outrageous fps. I dont care what anyone says, you don't need a real nice bow to kill deer. My dad hunted with a 25 year old Ben Pearson he paid 50 dollars for, for over 15 years.. and has hunted with the same Mathews MQ1 since the first year they came out. People go out and buy a new bow every single year and i just dont understand the reasoning unless youre shooting competition. The nova is a great bow, very functional and simplistic, and easy on the wallet. Go shoot one, If ya like it buy one.. but Id definately place it top of the list in that price range.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I owned a PSE Nova for 9 years, and arrowed at least one deer, every season. It did good for me. I bought it new for around $300, and for that price, was perfect for what I needed. I've since then, up-graded. Good Luck.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never heard anybody say anything negative about a Nova. A good friend of mine still owns one and loves it. You need to realize tha 20 years ago everybody shot bows that pailed by comparison to a Nova , but they still killed game no problem. If its a deal "and it fits you " buy it.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

[quote][/If its a deal "and it fits you " buy it.]

What he said!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Spike

My Uncle has a Nova and loves it. Its a very nice bow. It does what he wants it to and that is kill deer.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's an ok bow. Here's 2 things about it that you might want to compare with others. One is that the draw cycle is like this. It peaks very early in the draw with a long let off. I think that makes it harder to draw than one that builds slowly breaking at almost full draw. The second is it has no draw stop. Some bows in that price range have them. It is something on the cam that stops you from pulling the bow farther. The Nova , unless they've change will let you keep right on going out of the valley and up the wall. Not a good choice for someone who doesn't have a consistent form yet. If you do no problem shooting targets, but for hunting, things happen quickly and one less thing to worry about is a plus.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I bought my PSE Nova several years ago and it has performed real well. I can't blame any of my misses on the bow. I think it is a nice bow for the price.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

It's an ok bow. Here's 2 things about it that you might want to compare with others. One is that the draw cycle is like this. It peaks very early in the draw with a long let off. I think that makes it harder to draw than one that builds slowly breaking at almost full draw. The second is it has no draw stop. Some bows in that price range have them. It is something on the cam that stops you from pulling the bow farther. The Nova , unless they've change will let you keep right on going out of the valley and up the wall. Not a good choice for someone who doesn't have a consistent form yet. If you do no problem shooting targets, but for hunting, things happen quickly and one less thing to worry about is a plus.

Does anybody know if the new novas have a draw stop?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:38 PM

The Nova's a good bow but there is a better value. Buy the Browning Rage One. You'll be much more impressed. I was. I owned a Nova and then sold it and bought the Rage.

Quick Reply: PSE Nova opinions please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.