Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Slick Trick Pros or Cons? >

Slick Trick Pros or Cons?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick Pros or Cons?

Old 12-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Pros or Cons?

I used them in 2005 and they were awesome. I needed 125's this past fall with my new setup and I was not able to get them in time to get setup for the season. So I switched to Wac'em's. The Wac'em's did the job twice but I was not over impressed with the damage done. I double lunged both deer and they each went about 125 yards. Neither left a great blood trail. Not bashing the Wac'em's as they did the job but I will probably be switching to ST's for next year IF they will be available when I am setting things up in August.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:21 AM

VA5326, let me apologize to you for causing you concern with my attempt at humor. This is Gary from Slick Trick, was making a joke sinceit would be obvious what my personal and professional opinion is. Itry to refrain from interrupting guys on forums forwhat might be sales pitches. If you would have had a specific question that nobody knew the answer to I wouldhave chimed in with the answer. Such as Wihunter, and the answer is I am literally working today with Solingen to be sure they are available in August. But I was sincere in my statement about doing your own research. Hope you get a big one, THANKS GARY
Old 12-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gary,
Thanks for working on that already. I really do wish I could have had them this past year but like I said the others did do the job. Every year I look around and see what is available about July and start to get things setup in August IF I am going to change anything. For this next season I will probably leave most the same. I have some 65% cams for the Trykon to try and I might look at a different rest. That Trophy Taker makes some noise and I can't get it to be quiet. As for Heads I am sure I will be going back to the ST's. Thanks for all the great work with them. They did leave massive holes on the deer I shot in the past.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Gary,

No worries and thanks for making a great product. I also apologize if I seemed abrasive.Obviously, you would be considerd an SME on ST's. Keep up the great work!

VA
Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 PM

I just gota pack from Gary the other day, (thanks Gary!!--from Peter Ray) I have not had a chance to try 'em yet, but they will be on my arrows this Saturday when I go hunting. They look awesome, very well made, and are they ever SHARP!! Can't wait to use 'em!

Thanks again Gary!