Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Limbsaver S-Coil... got one? >

Limbsaver S-Coil... got one?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Limbsaver S-Coil... got one?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Limbsaver S-Coil... got one?

So, with the hopes of getting a Guardian by the end of the year (assuming they are at my dealer by then), I have been looking into peeps, sights, rests, and of course stabilizers. I was doing some looking on BassPro and the look of the S-Coil stabilizer caught my eye, although that camo is hideous.

Does anyone have any reviews or opinions about the S-Coil on their bow? As most know, the search function on the forum is rather limited and not always helpful. I was looking into getting the larger size of the S-Coil, but wanted to get some feedback about them first. They seem to go pretty cheap on ebay too!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:07 PM

Default RE: Limbsaver S-Coil... got one?

I have one on my bow a 2007 Dimond The Edge [by bowtech] Its the camo one its nice I like it
Old 12-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Spike

I have the mini s-coil. Like it a lot.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a mini on my tribute and have a guardian ordered and will put one on it as well. It's a great fairly inexpensive stabilizer.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just put one on my Black Ice, but I had to look long and hard to find the black one because I agree with you about the camo...

I had one on my Switchback XT I owned too, but sold it all as a package deal. I think they're among the best stabilizers on the market for the money. I do think there's some out there which may better, but you're gonna spend at least $30 more to get them.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:14 PM

I don't agree w/ our buddy Greg here all the time, but I certainly do in this case. The S-coil is EVERY BIT as good as a high dollar doinker. They just deaden the shot.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one on my tribute and what I really like about it is thegrippy rubber holds my bow in my lap when I lay it across my legs when hunting from a tripod or ladder stand.

With my last stabilizer (doinker) my bow would slowly slide down my lap until I caught it, not anymore.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Found a black one for 5 bucks so I gave it a try. Darned if it didn't make a difference.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO, I don't have one. They are pretty good at absorbing vibration, but as an actual stabilizer they are useless as they are too short. So is anything less than about 10". I use a 12" AEP on a 10 degree-down knuckle.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got one on my tribute and what I really like about it is thegrippy rubber holds my bow in my lap when I lay it across my legs when hunting from a tripod or ladder stand.

With my last stabilizer (doinker) my bow would slowly slide down my lap until I caught it, not anymore.
DaveC, that's a great point... and it's things like that which make a big difference to me on a four-hour sit while on stand. I'm always concioius of little things like that.

BG, you're exactly right... For a 30-yard and in situation, I'm not as sure I need an actual "stabilizer" as much as a "vibration and noise reduction" piece... If I were going to do some serious 3D shooting or target shooting, I probably wouldn't pick up the S Coil as a stab. But for most hunting applications, it seems more than adequate.

Quick Reply: Limbsaver S-Coil... got one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.