Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow

Old 11-26-2006, 07:01 AM

Default new bow

weres cheapest place to buy new bow.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new bow

ebay
Old 11-26-2006, 08:29 AM

YEP ! sometimes .BUT let me throw a curve in this ok !
1. was the bow dry fired ? don't know ? out come bad axles bad limbs.
2. warranty nope.
3. do you have a press to work on the bow ?
4. limbs cost $150.00 (about) without warranty.
5. D/L thats going to cost ya also to change them.
6. some dealers will charge more if you got a bow somewere else or not work on it at all.
I would not myself buy a bow from e-bay.
JMO what ever you do good luck !
Old 11-27-2006, 12:33 AM

well put pa, also we must support our local bow shops or thew wont be there tomorrow !!!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:30 AM

But, also, most items have a look and return policy at ebay. Where you can buy it, get it checked out, and if it is not up to snuff, return it. Also you can return defective items within a certain time period. And there is fraud protection thru paypal.

But with all that said, I would still not buy there. I would buy from a mass merchandiser for a cheap price before going to e-bay. But the others are right about one thing for sure. It sure is nice to buy local, and have service after the sale.

God bless

Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

All these things, not to mention that most seller rape the hell out of you for shipping.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Where are you located in Maryland? I know that there are several archery and hunting shops in the general area, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a dealer. Here is what I would recommend. Figure out which brand bow you are looking to get, then go to their website and search for dealers inside Maryland that carry that particular brand. Call them up and see what they have and if you are able to shoot (assuming you want to test fire the new bow). If your looking at a Diamond, Parker, PSE and some other brands, you can sometimes find those at our local Dicks and BassPro locations. That should put you in the right direction as far as finding a "new" bow from a local place. For instance, I am looking to get a BowTech for next season and a local dealer is only 15 miles from my house.

As far as the internet goes, archerytalk.com has a large amount of slightly used bows go up for sale on a daily basis. I've been browsing there the past few weeks and everyday, there are numerous offers that are hard to beat.