Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Value Under $600

Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Value Under $600

I like going with smaller bow companies because they are generally less expensive than the better established, bigger, well known companies; I've had Parker, Wheeler, Newberry, etc. However, customer service and longevity is always a risk with them. (Take Wheeler for instance) These smaller companies often times produce bows that are very big performers at far less the cost because they are trying to get a customer base built. The owners are also often bow and cam designers setting out on their own with the intent to put forth their radical designs that the company they used to work for would not gamble on, and thus paying off in some really neat and progressive bows. I've been hearing very good things about this new company and have been considering one of their bows as of late. You might give them a look. They are well under the $600 mark (minus shipping of course): http://www.lakota-industries.com/LakotaArchery/LA_Specifications.htm
Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

You will never go wrong with a Hoyt!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:21 AM

theese posts are funny, by the time he reads all theese choices, he will be just as unsure of himself as before he read them lol. i think people should go to the bow shop, shoot the ones he/she likes and then come here and ask if there are any problems with that bow. as far as me i went today and shot the drenalin and bowtech and i think the trykon shot better then both of them so im waiting for the vectrix (i feel a long wait here)
Old 11-22-2006, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

here ya go- go to gander,cabelas,sportsman wh,shoot a mathews,hoyt,bowtech,and then buy a bowtech
Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 PM

i would either get a diamond bow or the bowtech tomkat, my dad got the tomkat because he didnt want to pay alot for a bow. he bought the tomkat with everything on it, a dozen easton st. epics, a release, and a bow case for 700 bucks brand new.