Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Value Under $600

Old 11-15-2006, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Best Value Under $600

I just bought a Ross c334 and absolutely love it. It is not as fast as the mathews or hoyt but it is much smoother than the hoyt. The rumor is that they are coming out with a speed bow for next year. I got mine 1 month ago for 599 and fully rigged for 760. Good luck choosing I went with the ross for ease of draw, smoothness, and cost. Great bow.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only bows on that list that will be under $600 brand new is Reflex, and Diamond. I would really look at the diamond, or as was mentioned above already the Martin Bengal. That Bengal is a fantastic little bow. I have sold probably 10 of them over the last few months to people that didn't have the $$$ for a high end bow and for a hunting specific bow they really can't be beat. It is very likely that I may end up shooting a Martin next year and if so I wouldn't hesitate to shoot bengals for a hunting rig. They are just as quiet, smooth, and shock free as anything out there now including the big name brands. The $399 price tag is the best part of the bow.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:08 AM

I have shot most of the 2006 models and have to say that although they are a young company, ross is making some great bows. They break over very smooth and are extremely forgiving. I personally like the C331, it is almost the same bow as the c334 that was mentioned before except that the axle-to-axle is 31 inches rather than 34. However, I would personaly wait for the new year. Ross hasn't introduced anything new that I know of, I have heard some whispers:-)
Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

The only bows on that list that will be under $600 brand new is Reflex, and Diamond. I would really look at the diamond, or as was mentioned above already the Martin Bengal. That Bengal is a fantastic little bow. I have sold probably 10 of them over the last few months to people that didn't have the $$$ for a high end bow and for a hunting specific bow they really can't be beat. It is very likely that I may end up shooting a Martin next year and if so I wouldn't hesitate to shoot bengals for a hunting rig. They are just as quiet, smooth, and shock free as anything out there now including the big name brands. The $399 price tag is the best part of the bow.
That's beautiful. I never shot a Martin as they are pretty much non existant around here, but for $400, that sounds like a steal.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:54 PM

BowTech TomKat all rigged for about $550 for the 2006 model. You can't do much better than that for a bow of this quality.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

you can buy a Reflex Highlander and rig it up nicely with the left over cash and have a sweet shooter...i honestly dont know if i could justify spending 800$ on JUST the bow! my highlander shoots great(ask the 4 arrows of my own i SHOT! out to 35yds) not much shock or noise....i love it..i just dont think a bow could shoot much better then it to justify another 450$!!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto on the Reflex Highlander. It is an incredible bow for the money! (ask me - I own one and love it dearly!) What they (Hoyt) did was take the old phased out Hoyt UltraSport and reclassified it as the Reflex Highlander and just put Reflex limbs on it.

Think of it like you would an electric guitar:

Gibson Les Paul ----> $2500
Epiphone Les Paul ---> $699

Both are made by Gibson, one just has the "name" going for it, and is a little more fancy. But yet both guitars play the same and sound the same. It's kind of like the case with Hoyt and Reflex. Hoyt owns Reflex and both bows are made in the same shop by the same people. One is just more fancier than the other and has the "name" going for it. Nothing wrong with that.... But if you want a true value and best bang for the buck, look at the Reflex Highlander!

Butch A.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 words... BOWTECH TOMKAT. You will not be sorry if you purchase this bow. 'Nuff Said.

LTK
Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I love my Reflex Super Slam I got last December. It's smooth, fairely quiet, and I like the wall at the end of the draw. Theres no mistaking not being at full draw with this bow. I believe i payed 499.00 on Ebay from a guy called thesouthernhunter. Lots of good quality accessories from him too.
Try shooting a couple of different bows though since you have the time. There are some great ones out there. GOOD LUCK
Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diamond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.