Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Hoyts

Old 11-08-2006, 09:16 PM

Default New Hoyts

Is it just me or do the new Hoyts just look plain ugly? The black finish on the cams, limb pockets, and cable slides doesnt look quite as nice as the old ones that had a copper finish to them.I haven't tried them yet and am looking forward to later in the year and i hope they shoot great but im not too keen on spending $800 on bow that looks unfinished. At least Ross, Bowtech, and Mathews makes there bows look pretty before asking you to give up your first born.

Flame away.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 PM

Default RE: New Hoyts

i too am torn on this. im looking for a new bow and was considering the vectrix, but the trykon looks much nicer. i like the camo color of the trykon better, the wood grip looks nicer on the trykon, and the cam color is also better. do i buy it for looks, or get the ugly vectrix for better performance?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 AM

actually, ignore my post because i cant really say anything until i actually see it in person and hold it. picturescan bedeceiving
Old 11-09-2006, 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: jonnyslim

Is it just me or do the new Hoyts just look plain ugly? The black finish on the cams, limb pockets, and cable slides doesnt look quite as nice as the old ones that had a copper finish to them.I haven't tried them yet and am looking forward to later in the year and i hope they shoot great but im not too keen on spending $800 on bow that looks unfinished. At least Ross, Bowtech, and Mathews makes there bows look pretty before asking you to give up your first born.

Flame away.
Not trying to burst your bubble, but the last time I check, the Switchback XT is black in all of the same locations you mentioned about the Hoyt and I don't hear much complaint about them.

Maybe it is becauseHoyts arestarting toappear alotlikeother bows, with the black eccentrics, etc,instead of the copper,which is making them appear "ugly" to you.

Personally, I don't mind the change. I enjoyed the copper accents and I will enjoy the black accents as well. I think if the Vector/C2 Cams are as big of ahit as they are an "on paper"disappointment to some,the color will quickly pale in comparison to how well thesebows are suppose to perform.

The reason I say "on paper" disappointment is because many people, from all around the archery world, already talking about a "not impressive" Hoyt lineup have never even had a '07Hoyt in there hand yet.

I know you commented on nothing but the appearance and I am not flogging you for a "not impressed" comment.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:49 AM

We haven't gotten any in at the shop yet, so I've not shot them. But I'll say that from what I've seen, I'm just not impressed, and I love my Hoyt.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't buy a bow because of looks. Yes I like it to look good but I have to be able to shoot it good FIRST. I will be trying the new Hoyts but there is no way I can get a new bow this year again. I am going to start saving up now to get an '08 in something next year. Just gonna wait and see what everyone does with the new ones this year. See what problems may pop up and need to be fixed for next year. As for the black however I think it will be better in the woods. Maybe doesn't look as pretty but I don't really care what the deer think.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM

The mathews are actually a finished blueish nickel color. Not just painted black the new Hoyts. And your right wihunter402, i would rather have an ugly bow that hits the 10 ring everytime then one that you could hang in the national gallery but sounds like a cannon when it goes off. I just cant see why Hoyt cant marry beauty and functionaltiy like they have in the past. Again im not bashing how well thebow functions because i havent shot it yet. But by looking at the pics on the website i cant help comment on its ugliness.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bols

ORIGINAL: jonnyslim

Flame away.
Not trying to burst your bubble, but the last time I check, the Switchback XT is black in all of the same locations you mentioned about the Hoyt and I don't hear much complaint about them.

Maybe it is becauseHoyts arestarting toappear alotlikeother bows, with the black eccentrics, etc,instead of the copper,which is making them appear "ugly" to you.

Personally, I don't mind the change. I enjoyed the copper accents and I will enjoy the black accents as well. I think if the Vector/C2 Cams are as big of ahit as they are an "on paper"disappointment to some,the color will quickly pale in comparison to how well thesebows are suppose to perform.

The reason I say "on paper" disappointment is because many people, from all around the archery world, already talking about a "not impressive" Hoyt lineup have never even had a '07Hoyt in there hand yet.

I know you commented on nothing but the appearance and I am not flogging you for a "not impressed" comment.
I agree. I think the new hoyts look great. Can't wait to get my hands on a Vectrix and shoot it.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

my bow is an 04 and it ahs the black risers and it looks good
Old 11-20-2006, 01:55 PM

I think the new styles from both Mathews and Hoyt are much more impressive than my High Country Safari from 91. I am still waiting for my local shop to get the new lines for mathews and Hoyt in so that I can shoot and see the improvements made by both.

Quick Reply: New Hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.