Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blazer and Broadhead

Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Blazer and Broadhead

Right now i am shooting identically with field tips and broadheads. I am most likely going to switch to blazer vanes next year, but I am worried that my broadheads and field points won't fly the same. Any comments?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Blazer and Broadhead

only one way to find out! if your shooting big vanes they very well might not. may have to move sights a smidge..but shouldnt effect the tune of your bow..depending on the rig you might run into contact issues..but you should be fine....i went from 4 inch feathers to blazers and didnt have to touch anything
Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 AM

I am shooting four inch vanes right now with a drop away rest.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 PM

Why??? sounds like you have a great set-up right now? Stick with what works for you! Now if you want tighter groups, a more economical vane or whatever your reason is, then try a change. I recently changed to Blazers and they are a good vane, dont look like much , but there good. But if i had your set-up and no real good reason to change other than "hype or marketing" I wouldnt change a thing.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

I just recently had a batch of arrows refletched at my local proshop. I had 5 arrows done in Blazers and 5 infactory feathers, all with factory helicals. I love the flight of feathers, but I hate the noise and was looking for a more waterproof fletching. I get to hunt when work lets me, regardless of the weather. My bowwas tuned using the feathers and practice Muzzy100 4 blade broadheads. Feathers flew perfect, but the blazers fishtailed to the right beyond 23 yards with inconsistent results. I believe I may have a contact issue somewhere, but the Blazers areon the shelf until next year. They were extremely quite in flight, but seemedto amplifythe smallest shooting mistake or form imperfection. I hope to correct the contact issue and give them another shot once the season is over. I would wait until the season is over if everything is good for you know.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:24 PM

I started shooting Blazers last year along with feathers. This year I have gone exclusively to blazer. I shoot slick tricks and they fly great.