Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

GPS

Old 11-04-2006, 04:22 PM

Default GPS

Used my Lowrance iHunt for the first time today and was very confused. With my explorist 200 I would acquire signal-walk-and it would follow. I would turn around and follow it back.Simple.

With the iHunt, I aquired signal, walked in a straight line, made a left and continued. I looked down at the unit and I had no idea what I was looking at. The line was all over the place!! Even when standing still the arrow was moving. Anyone have any exp. with this?

Ray
Old 11-04-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: GPS

In the GPS set up menu, there is a item that I believe is called DGPS that you can switch on or off. It is a degraded signal that can get you close to your target, but leaves a margin of error. Because of this, the unit can show you as moving when you really are not.

Another item to consider is how fast you have your track log leaving a tracking marker. You can adjust the time between points ( markers ) to, #1 ) to save memory space by marking fewer points, and

#2 ) fewer points marked shows less detail, fewer curves and twists in the track log screen display.

If you have your owners manuel, take a look init and try to find out about these items.

And next time buy a Garmin GPS. IMHO they are the best unit made - period. I am on my 2 nd one. The first was stolen. I have been using them since about 1993. I have tried Magellan and Lowrance also.Garmin is the only unit I will ever buy.