Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

looking to change rest

Old 10-24-2006, 11:48 PM

Default looking to change rest

just curious about some of the rest that are out there.Specifically the QAD Ultrarest or ripcord, or something that style. I shoot a WB right now just cause i got it for $0 and that was what i could afford at the time. I am starting to get back into indoor but i still want to hunt. Anybody got a good suggestion for me, thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looking to change rest

I like the drop away arrow rests. I use to use a WB and found myself refletching arrows all the time. Since I switched to a drop away, I refletch a whole lot less. The drop away I use is the NAP 2000 RG. It is easy to set up (comes with an instructional how-to DVD that shows you step by step what to do) and I haven't had any problems with this rest. Has worked flawlessly for me.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:00 AM

I'm using the NAP 4000 drop away and love it but I like the looks of the NAP Smart Rest.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:03 AM

i put on the Qad ultra for hunting this year I always used the trophy taker witch i have nothing but great things to say about it ! I like how the qad. holds the arrow up in the shoot mode. only disadvantage in the qad. is that their is some noise internal parts when you work the rest with your hands. was real easy to setup but your arrow has to nock even or a little below center of the Berger hole or the rod on the rest can contact the cable slide.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM

I put the qad pro ultra rest on this year and love it... easy to install and very easy to tune.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:51 PM

I use a whisker biscuit. The first series of the biscuit was brutal as it would tear your fletches off, but then the QS series came out and I switched to a 3 blade broadhead and 3 fletches instead of 4 so I could clear the arrow of the harder bristles in the biscuit. I love it, I get better groups now than I ever have, and I don't have a problem with it tearing fletches anymore. I suggest using the shrink wrap fletches. They'r great with the whisker biscuit.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:06 AM

Ditto on the Quad Ultra. Great rest!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 AM

Try the Black Gold Free fall. it's a drop away rest that requires no string. I have had one for two years and love it.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:31 PM

two leters w b
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 PM

I have used the WB and now I currently use the Ripcord dropaway. If you start using a dropaway you will wonder what you were thinking using a WB. Believe me I always thought "Well that is just one more moving part that could mess up" After thousands of shots mine hasn't failed once. Give it a try, you will not be sorry.

Quick Reply: looking to change rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.