HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   BLAZER VANES (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/159376-blazer-vanes.html)

hldeerhunter 10-12-2006 02:17 PM

BLAZER VANES

I am thinking about using the Bohning Archery Blazer vanes. Anyone out there try em? Do you like em? I shoot Carbon express CX 300 arrows, a Darton Bow set at 65lbs shooting around 270 FPS, and G5 striker broadheads. Thanks

Bradkoz 10-12-2006 03:06 PM

RE: BLAZER VANES

feathers are the best in my opinion but for vanes i think the balzers are hands down the best you can get. call them up and get a free sample pack to try.

mobow 10-12-2006 03:15 PM

I shoot Magnus Stingers @ 290 fps w/ Blazers. Lazer beams. Perfect flight.

I fletched one arrow w/ a 5" feather and shot it into my deer target. I fletched another w/ Blazers and did the same. I shot a feather off the first arrow. Both were shot at 25 yards and tipped w/ Stingers. Blazers are the bomb!

The only arrows we've found they don't work very well on are big, heavy arrows...in the 500+ gr. weight range.

Jackson Bowner 10-12-2006 05:06 PM

I used to shoot feathers on aluminum. Bought a new bow this year and along with it my first carbon arrows. I put Blazers on them with Slick Tricks. Man....I just don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Absolutely flawless all the way. I love those Blazers and I think I will love the Slick Tricks too, but I am waiting for the ultimate test before I rate the broadheads!

MichaelT. 10-12-2006 07:37 PM

Been shooting nothing but Blazers for 2 years, and that's all I am going to shoot. They are IMHO the best thing going. Stabilize well , are accurate, and they hold up real well.

Bradkoz 10-12-2006 08:47 PM

the only thing i noticed is after 35 yrds the arrows i have blazers on drop off a little and at 40yrds drop about 6" more then my feather equiped arrows but i know they do that so its not a problem like i said if i was only shooting vanes it would be nothing but blazers.

Western MA Hunter 10-13-2006 06:41 AM

Shooting blazers. Love them. Best groups I've had in years.
Shooting Beman ICS 340 w/ 2" blazers, w/ Slick Trick 100 Grain broadheads.

hldeerhunter 10-16-2006 01:06 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I will be shoot them next season. I have heard nothing but good things about the Blazers

Bigpapascout 10-16-2006 11:42 PM

chalk me up as another blazer fan

BJ1011 10-18-2006 01:19 PM

If you shoot a Whisker Biscuit, I wouldn't recommend anything else. I've shot many different vanes and feathers through that thing, but Blazers are the only vanes that will literally fall of before they will wave or stretch with normal use.