Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What's the Best Fletching Glue??? >

What's the Best Fletching Glue???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What's the Best Fletching Glue???

Old 09-24-2006, 12:03 PM

Default What's the Best Fletching Glue???

Easton Glue I just bought, recommended by a shooter and worker at Bass Pro on Blazers and even helical fletchings. Whisker biscuit rests, need the best available (permanent) bond available.I have been having trouble with 2-3 degree/5 inch vanes on Rhino Carbon Tech arrows. Even after complete sand/cleaning and acetone wipe. My Jo-Jan works great as well Bitszenburger fletcher. Sure would like to shoot helical 5 inch vanes through my whisker bisquit!

Let's hear what the best glue out there for whisker biscuit rest, helical and blazer fletchings.[&:]
Old 09-24-2006, 12:36 PM

Default RE: What's the Best Fletching Glue???

Try Bohning Instant Gel my brother fletched my carbs with it .not had a bit of trouble.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duraloc, a Duravane product. I think it's a "super glue". They don't come off if you get them on right the first time. Stuff is clear and hard to see.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Bohning Quantum XT. Holy cow......
Old 09-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've been using Goat Tuff the last couple of years with good results, but recently got tired of paying so much for it and other "archery branded" glues only to find out they are all basically just cyanoacrylate instant glues. I went to the hardware store and bought about half a dozen different ones to test. I narrowed it down to Krazy Glue Advanced Formula and have been fletching with it the last couple of months. It works even better than the other brand namers I've used on both my vanes and feathers.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used both pine ridge and goat tuff (pretty much same thing) in the past. Well we have been using Bohning Platinum Fletch Tite at the shop and I think I like it a bit better now for vanes. I still like the goat tuff or better gold tips glue for inserts though............
Old 09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Bohning Fletch Tite and haven't had any problems. Doesn't dry as fast as the gel but it gets the job done.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbilly0679

Try Bohning Instant Gel my brother fletched my carbs with it .not had a bit of trouble.
What he said.

I have not had a single vane come off/loose using the Bohning Instant Gel. Thats including arrows that have mad a few target pass-throughs
Old 09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I used to use Goat Tuff and really liked it, but I got tired of spending that much on a bottle and having it dry up in the bottle and throwing half of it away. A year or so ago on Wild outdoors, Jay Gregory was giving tips on fletching arrows, and he said that he uses Loc Tite brand super glue. I gave it a shot and have been using it ever since. I get it at Wal mart for about $2.50 a good size bottle. It works great.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Snood Slapper

I've been using Goat Tuff the last couple of years with good results, but recently got tired of paying so much for it and other "archery branded" glues only to find out they are all basically just cyanoacrylate instant glues. I went to the hardware store and bought about half a dozen different ones to test. I narrowed it down to Krazy Glue Advanced Formula and have been fletching with it the last couple of months. It works even better than the other brand namers I've used on both my vanes and feathers.

Exactly snood... most of that other stuff is a waste of money.I have been using various brands of the "super glue" types for a few years now and they all work basicly the same.I would use one that is "gel-type"the others will run and are a bit messy and the vanes will slip.Like nodog said too,"stuff is hard to see"..

Quick Reply: What's the Best Fletching Glue???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.