Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bad News

Old 09-23-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Bad News

Well the season opened in Wisconsin last weekend and here I sit without a bow. I was having trouble tuning my bow all summer tried this and that still no luck. Took it back to the dealer and he said its fine wouldnt even take the time to watch me shoot it. I was about to get rid of it (trykon) and go buy a Bowtech but I figured Id give the Hoyt dealer by my hunting area a chance. I walked in and even though I didnt buy the bow there he worked with me for 2 1/2 hours to try to fix it. The owner was great and bent over backwards for me when the shop I bought the bow from was a total jack a--. Well the bad news is its on the way back to Hoyt and they said about 2 1/2 weeks till it gets back. If any of you guys are around the Adams/Friendship area give Woodeedge Archery a chance they get an A+++ from me and earned a customer for life. Ill let you all know hows Hoyts service is after I get my bow back.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Bad News

My heart goes out to you! We wait all season for the opener! Get yourself a good cheap back-up bow like a PSE Nova. I picked one up for $90 bucks, put a whisker biscuit on it and got my old buddy tuned into it! Well, to say the least! He wanted to buy it from me! Back to Square one, we both now need a back-up bow. However, my Conquest 3 is steady and strong with myjust broken in new string.

Seems a hoyt dealer in the area should get riser, limb or what ever parts dropped ship ASAP! Hope you have your bow back by the time you read this!Good luck. You reminded me, I now have no back-up bow butsome recurves.......[&:]
Old 09-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

What did he say was the problem with the bow?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think i could stand to be without my bow on the opener of bow season ,I'd have to go a buy a new one ,I'll garauntee that.
Good luck with your bow ,it just goes to show there are some good bow shop's out there .

nubo
Old 09-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Hoyt says its probly a bent riser from being improperly pressed. If that is the case they better sit down with thier pro shops and teach them how to press them because its only been worked on in Hoyt pro shops. As far as a back up bow I had a pse nitro and my uncle needed a bow and was short on cash so he got that one and my cousin wanted to get into bowhunting so he got my old faithful, my pro line new wave. So all my generosity has got me sitting here waiting for my bow to get back. IM looking at an Elite archery and a bowtech old glory but with all the money stuck into my Trykon my wife would flip if I went to buy a new one.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's very easy to do with the skinny Hoyt risers. Seen more than one have a bent riser.

You have to place the rollers where the limbs meet the pockets and not against the riser. If you press it with the rollers against the riser it is easily turned/ twistedin the press and bends the riser.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:20 PM

Well I got my Trykon back about a week and a half ago and its shooting great. Hoytdidnt say what was wrong wish they would of but I got it back and Im finally ready to hit the woods. They had it back to me in 2 weeks that was nice. Just wanted to give you guys/girls an update.