Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Doe bleat in a can? Good product? >

Doe bleat in a can? Good product?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Doe bleat in a can? Good product?

Old 09-21-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Doe bleat in a can? Good product?

Last year I bought a doe bleat in a can. I never saw any reaction to it. I cannot say there was no reaction, because I sometimes blind called with it, but I also cannot say it works. Has anyone got any opinion about this?

Also, is there a time when it should not be used?

Old 09-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Doe bleat in a can? Good product?

It works to some degree like all calls. All deer are not going to react to it and at times you may have a deer run to it. It's a social call, the "contact call" and can be mimic'd with any call that is adjustable. For instance, with my River Valley Game Call Deer Flute, I can quickly adjust the brass slide from a buck grunt to an area where I can mimic the can. It works great having that quick adjustment without first blowing a grunt call then moving my hands to flip the "can". Much nicer and less detectable. See this link as well.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1702493
Old 09-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I used the original "The Can" for two seasons , both with deer in sight and without , never called a single one in . I gave it away .
Old 09-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually have pretty good luck with my can call. I've used it a few times to coax deer in that were slightly out of range and ended up taking them. It's not magic, but I like mine.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 AM

I have used on for several years and havent had much luck but i wouldent not have it in my bag of tricks u never know what diffrent bucks will react to.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

I've had some luck with it on occasion. To be honest, I've had far more response with rattling and have called in more coyotes than deer with the "can". Its actually a pretty good coyote call if you have a quiet day with little or no wind.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have used it and had mixed results. I have had bucks come crashing thru the woods looking for the doe only to be taken by a .50 cal T/C. I have used it early in the archery season and had does and young bucks come in more out of what appeared to be curiousity. When you use it be watchful because I've seen some deer come slowly sneaking in to take a look.I also have used it with the wind blowing towards a buck ,but then pulled out some straight doe pee in a bottle and misted the air. When he caught the sent he came in to about 40 yds out from 100.Hope this helps
Old 10-11-2006, 01:31 PM

I haven't had any bucks come tearing through the woods at me, but I know fawns think it's real. I have had several fawns eating 40 yards away and mom has walked off. Being bored as hell, I sounded the can and the little tikes sprinted to the base of my tree and started bawling. It was kind of cute, so i think it works, just not for what I wanted it to do. my $0.02.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

michaelt...fiddy fiddy....bucks, does, yotes, bears, cats, etc..have been seen responding....just anothertool for your hunting belt..Good Luck and safety
Old 10-17-2006, 03:45 PM

i have used it numerous times with great luck. i feel this is a awesome product when the rut starts i dont go out without it.good luck

Quick Reply: Doe bleat in a can? Good product?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.