Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 summit climbers or lone wolf sit n climb >

summit climbers or lone wolf sit n climb

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

summit climbers or lone wolf sit n climb

Old 09-20-2006, 04:48 PM

Default summit climbers or lone wolf sit n climb

I am in the market for a climber. I am looking at the summits and the lone wolf sit n climb which one is better? What do you guys use?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: summit climbers or lone wolf sit n climb

There is alot of info on the subject that could be found by doing a search. You'll get alot more answers that way. As for my own experance, Lone wolf is a great stand and simple to use BUT you must be of slender build or you'll be uncomfortable. I am 270LBS and have a 40 inch waist and flat out would not fit in a Lone Wolf. I returned My Lone wolf for a summit. Summits are more cumbersome but more comfortable. I like to stay on stand all day and comfort was very important. Jim
Old 09-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to say that I like my Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb better than my Summit Saber. Its lighter, quieter,more compact, sturdier, easier to set up and take down in the dark, and more comfortable. Im average weight 180lbs. and have no problems. But I could possibly see a large person 275-300lbs.+ with extra clothes have some issues even with the stand rated for 350lbs. I believe that Summit makes a stand for someone of a large statue. But if thats not an issue you will be happy with a Lone Wolf. Good Luck on your choice!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

i love my viper and am going to buy a new summit climber so i can have 2
Old 09-20-2006, 06:29 PM
vgc

summit viper
Old 09-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

love my new summit viper SS. packs nice and easy, feels nice and safe and stable, comfy. easy to use(i dont see anything difficult about wrapping a cable around the tree and sliding it into the frame) i think its a nice stand....ill do a review after i get to fumble around with it in the dark and sit it in the first day
Old 09-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

My vote goes to the lone wolf. I've had a summit climber and only wish I'd bought the lone wolf first, then I'd have saved some cash.
My summit creaked when I moved about. But to Summits defense they have changed the structure of the cross members from tin like channel to triangular tube which no doubt is must better.

Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 AM

Another vote for the summit viper. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:34 AM

summit viper
Old 09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

I had no experience with Lone Wolf, but I have a Summit Broadhead. It's a very good stand. Easy to pack and put on. It's very comfortable. Last week I fell asleep for about an hour or so and woke up to a bear underneath my tree.

Quick Reply: summit climbers or lone wolf sit n climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.