Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions >

Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Old 09-19-2006, 07:19 AM

Default Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

O.K. so I find out or rather am told that I am way overspined with my rig. Have been shooting Carbon Express 400's in a 72 lb rig. Dropped the # to 55 and I am in over my head. I found out I am supposed to be shooting 200's or the equivalant. Going to buy some new arrows today and have them fletched out with right helical Blazers. Here is your chance to tell me about what arrows I shoud buy and why. Remember, I am looking at Carbon Express 200's or their equivalant.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Wow, that is a big drop in poundage. Did you have to change the limbs to get it that low? Carbon Express, Easton, Beman, Gold Tips, etc. All make good arrows IMO.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Gold Tip and really like them...highly recommended!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:46 PM

OK now I am gun shy after seeing the carbon arrow blow up this evening. So for every one out there with a little knowledge, if a man used to shoot aluminum, and only swapped to carbon 3 years ago, and now is in the market for some new arrows because the ones he has been shooting are wayyyyyy over-spined, what would or could or should I look at. Is easton A/C/C the only hybred arrow out there? Is it completely safe? What are the drawbacks to that type of arrow?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had any problems with carbon. In fact I find I replace them less often than when I used to shoot aluminum. Much like airplanes there are hundreds or thousands of arrows that fly every day. But you only hear of the ones with a problem.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:32 PM

The only drawback to A/C style shafts is price. I've found the A/C/C's and now the Super Slims to be the most durable and accurate arrows around. For me, since I rarely lose shafts (knock wood) and only have to retire a shaft due to damage, the added durablity outweighs the increased cost.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:38 PM

I had used Gold Tips for the last couple of years and cannot recommend them. They did not shoot well for me and I have come to find out that my pro shop did some testing and the Gold Tips were the MOST inconsistently spined arrows they tested. They found that spine consistency had more to do with accuracy than straightness does. Carbon Tech Whitetails have the most consistent spine and that is what I shoot now, and I'm much happier with these.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

i love my gold tip xt hunters i just buy a dozen more this year
Old 09-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ACC's are by far the best arrow money can buy IMO and there is a reason for that.

Also, don't helical your Blazers, they are too short to get much out of them and still make arrow contact, I recommend Offset for Blazers.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:34 AM

OK, I don't want to sound stupid, but here it goes.

Rob/PA Bowyer

titleAndStar(5720,0,true,false,"","")

[align=center][/align]
ACC's are by far the best arrow money can buy IMO and there is a reason for that.

Also, don't helical your Blazers, they are too short to get much out of them and still make arrow contact, I recommend Offset for Blazers.

So if there is a reason, can I askWHAT the reason is?
Also, some people have said right helical is the only way to go, so now you say offset only.....why?

Thanks,

MET

Quick Reply: Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.