Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 In the market for a bow press? >

In the market for a bow press?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

In the market for a bow press?

Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 PM

Default In the market for a bow press?

Below is a review of the BowMender Bow Press by WWAG:

Some of you may have this pressor have already read reviews on this press, if so,feel free to add anything to my review that might benefit ourfellow members here on HNI.

Well guys, if you are in the market for a bow press, look no further. The BowMender has all of the features of larger presses at a fraction of the cost. You won't be disappointed! This press is portable, easy to set-up, and with two forms of detailed instructions (CD and instruction sheet) anyone will be able to press a bow in a matter of minutes.

Whilemany of us wouldlove to have a full featured press such as the Sure Loc X Press, the cost was just too much for my pocketbook. The BowMender was not only one of the most reasonably priced presses I have come across, the pressing action of the press actually works like drawing a bow.

Rather than pressing on the riser, which may cause risers to twist or bend, the BowMender presses the bow at thelimbs. The press works much like the Sure Loc X Press, which puts minimal stress on the riser. This designflat out works and putsBowMender at the top as onethe safest and easiest ways to press a bow.

Though I have only used this press on my Hoyt Trykon, numerous adjustment holes allows this press to fit a variety of different style bows, evensome of the newestparallel limb, short axle to axle bows. The limbs of your bow are protected at all times by plastic sleeves which cover the bolts that rest on each side of your limb.

The ratchet strap is easy to use. A few tips: if using the press, make sure to pull all of the slack out of the strap before you begin to ratchet the press. And secondly, make sure you know how to let the tension off the ratchet strap before you press your bow.

As some of you may know, the BowMender press was designed and created by fellow HNI member, walks witha gimp. He had stopped making the press for abriefperiodbut is back selling the press to anyone who is interested. Russell is a wonderful guy to deal with. I sent my money out on Saturday, September 9th and the press arrived at my house on Saturday, September 16th.

Not only does this press exceed my expectations, the customer service is second to none. If you are looking for a bow press, I would highly advise you to look into the BowMender.

Below are some pictures of the press.

The first picture is an image of the BowMender after I openedthe boxup and ripped out the packaging material. It certainly felt like Christmas morning.

As you can see in the picture above not only was an instruction CD included, regular paper instructions [not pictured]with pictures were also included.

The following pictures are of the press in action:

If you are interested, send walks witha gimp a PM. He will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck this season and God Bless
Bols
Old 09-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: In the market for a bow press?

As a matter of fact, I am in the market for a press. I just posteda thread yesterday looking for home-made press plans.

How much is the bowmender going for?
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: loanstarhunter

How much is the bowmender going for?
I could tell you what I paid for it, but I don't believe that is fair to WWAG. I know for certain I did not receive any discounts or get quoted aspecial price. The price hequoted me wasbeyond reasonable.

I just don't want to tell you a price and lock him into something that did not come from his own lips (or in this situation, fingers )

Send walks with a gimp a PM. He will answer any questions you might have about the BowMender.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the review - and the great pictures!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too just purchased a Bowmender press and couldn't be happier with it. I have taken down my Diamond Victory, my wife's Alpine Impact X-treme and my brother in laws mathews MQ-1. The press was easily adjustable and very easy to use. I am new to bow repair/maintenance and used this product with confidence. That is very important to me. After watching the DVD I was ready to go. I never worried that something could go wrong. The press held each bow securely with no concerns about damage. I'll be ordering another soon for a Christmas gift for a friend. Thanks WWAG for a great product!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I also want to recommend the Bowmender. I highly, HIGHLY recommend it. I'm very impressed.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great post, bols.

I'll add a link as well in which the Bowmender was discussed in great detail, as well as endorsed by BowTech's own technical advisor. There's also a link to a video showing the Bowmender in action...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1684829

Again, great job bols.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Cool thx, I just sent WWAG an email. Hopefully I can still get one.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 PM

Thanks guys, but the credit all goes to WWAG.

The press is just an awesome product. I am beyond pleased with it. The possibilities you get withthistool are endless.

With this press, I am finally getting around to working on my own bow. I have since installed a G5 Meta peep and put some string silencers back on my bow since the other ones were getting destroyed.

This winter I will be able to order a new set of strings and put those on as well. All of this strengthens my love for archery and gives me valueable "hands-on" experience.

Quick Reply: In the market for a bow press?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.