Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest! >

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

that is true. but what about stalking? I turkey hunt also, they can see 10x better than deer can. Id just feel better about it for all around hunting if it had a good camo patern on it. just the way I am I guess.
I certainly won't fault a person for being who they are! Heck, when I was in junior high I bought three rolls of camo tape when it first hit the market and taped up my whole bicycle, and painted my spokes and rims flat black. [8D]

I still don't think you've got a thing to worry about, as there's thousands of turkeys killed every year with old Mossbergs or Remington 870s that have more black on their receivers and barrels than 10 of these combined. Now, I do understand just simply liking to have all your accessories camo'd and matching from an aesthetic standpoint -- but from a practical one, I definitely don't think it's necessary.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

WELCOME...been using one for 2-3 years and LOVE it.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

dwd, it's extremely light.

The threaded turnbuckle and connecting linkage are plastic, as well as the pickup hook. The only thing that's metal is the square mounting plate, and the smaller striking plate which the adjustment screw comes up to make contact with.

Having said that it's mostly plastic, I've still found this rest to be extremely rugged and dependable, and have pulled it up through several tangles numerous times this year. I've walked through head-high CRP fields with briars that pulled at me and broke my Fitz fibers several times, and the rest itself was no worse for the wear.
Very cool Greg, thanks for the review. I may have to talk my dad into putting one on his bow so that I check it out. Well done on the review.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg .... great post! I do believe I will be sending back the rest I bought as I wait for my Dren, and purchase a zero effect. Awesome info .... man I love you guys!

I had to put the paddles on this thread .... CLEAR! I got sinus!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Very nice review. You have shown in words and pix what I have been telling folks for years now. The ZE really is all that. I will admit though, when Muz first took on the rest the owner asked me what I thought...well, what I told him can't be typed here! It looked like a crazy idea and I couldn't believe they were going to market it. But...seeing (or trying it) is believing.

Someone mentioned a few concerns. Over the last five years, I have not found any problems with the hook rod slipping or rotating, nor had any issues with the nut working loose that holds the linkage arm onto the bow. In fact, I used the same rest on 4 different bows over the course of 6 years with absolutely no problems before finally getting a new gen model for a parallel limb bow.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:41 PM

Now i gotta go buy one...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well .... It's done. I bought The Muzzy Zero effect on e-bay yesterday for my Drenalin .... if it ever comes in ....[&:]
Old 02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Robin,

Thanks for the kind words... By the way, nice-looking stingray in the new Muzzy catalog! (I believe that's what that behometh is which you're struggling to hold up!)
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM

After installing the 600 PC on my MQ1, I was able to shoot it this weekend, and I have to admit, I'm glad I read Greg/MO's review, otherwise, I wouldn't have been as inclined to buy a new rest. (thanks again, Greg)

Muzzy's done a great job with the instructional DVD, and the installation was very easy. Although I only shot about 40 or so arrows, I'm very pleased, and I'm looking forward to a little warmer weather in order to do some fine tuning.

You know, when the MZE first came out, and I saw pictures of it in ads, I said to myself that that thing would be the last rest that I'd want on my bow. And you know something, I was right. The 600PC will be the last rest that I have on my bow. It does everything I want in a rest.

The only thing I'm gonna change is to cut down the arrow hook a little - just to make it a little easier to put an arrow on the string.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear it, Dave G... I'm giving this a bump for the current crop of "what do you think a good fallaway rest is" crop of questions...

Quick Reply: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.