Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 PROS AND CONS ABOUT SPITFIRES >

PROS AND CONS ABOUT SPITFIRES

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PROS AND CONS ABOUT SPITFIRES

Old 08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default PROS AND CONS ABOUT SPITFIRES

I know this has probably been beaten to death but I am new at this so here goes. What do you guys think about spitfires? I have gone from thunderheads to muzzy now spitfire. I am not knocking the others but I just wanted to try mechanicals this year. So tell me the good and the bad. If you have photos with on game damage that would be great... Thanks...
Old 08-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PROS AND CONS ABOUT SPITFIRES

Old 08-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

I USED SPITFIRES FOR A FEW YEARS THEY ARE A VERY ACCURATE SHOOTING BROADHEAD THE ONLY THING I FOUND WRONG WITH THEM WAS THE BLADES WERE NOT VERY DURABLE. MY OPINION
Old 08-14-2006, 12:53 PM

They are deadly but, although I'm sure many have, don't expect to shoot more than one animal with them; they warp pretty easily.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Con: I used them in the past and I found that after one shot, they are done for and you got to go get more (not durable). Pro: very large cutting diameter, resulting in quick kill of animal. I have never heard of someone having to track the animal further than a 100 yards.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:27 AM

I don't know about "not being a tuff head" ??.I shot A few deer with them years ago.Spitfire Pro's,,VERY TOUGH,,NAP sharp blades [:-],,HUGE hole on the exit.I could still shave hair off my arm,after a pass through on a doe.One of the deer/kills,bent a blade,just a hair.I think overall they are a good head,,if your PACKIN THE KE.
Just look at it this way,,People love Rocket heads,,tons ofdeer are taken with Rockets.Ever look at a Rocket head up close ???...You get the picture...
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Droptines has some good points...

I think NAP comes with some of the sharpets blades out of the box. Their "diamize" process or whatever it is really works wonders. Spitfires leaves some incredible holes.

I took over 20 deer in a row with Rockets before starting to experiment in the last year or so... The blade sharpness just isn't there like I'd like it to be, and they DEFINITELY are throwaway heads after being used. I've literally spent a whole hour trying to swap out the blades after shooting them; finally, I decided my time was worth more than the $24 or so it would cost to simply go get another pack.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Host of Hosts

I think its funny we spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to pursue whitetails every year. What's 11 dollars for a accurate killing machine like the Spitfires? So you don't use it over again, so what!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another spitfire wound. After taking several deer, bobcat, 4 foxes and 4 turkeys with spitfires, I haven't seen anything to make me want to change. They're the only thing in my quiver now. I even got 5-shot to use them successfully. He's a rough one on broadheads.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

TRYCON said it all!

Quick Reply: PROS AND CONS ABOUT SPITFIRES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.