Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 trouble with Moultree digital >

trouble with Moultree digital

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

trouble with Moultree digital

Old 08-09-2006, 12:19 AM

Default trouble with Moultree digital

I have 2 cams. the older one is a Moultree (sp?) 35mm which has worked great but has started to act up. (I think the sensor is shot)
The newer one is the lower end digital, maybe 1.? mp. My father and I both bought one about 2 years ago.

The problem we have been having isthat they just take too long to power up and take photos. IF we get pics they are of the later half of a deer walking past the cam.Setting upinour acreage, it's not easy to get long shots of trail areas since it is mostly heavy timber or land that was timbered a few years back and is dense cover. I miss that quick snap of 35mms that were able to takephotos of deer even if they cross right infront of the cam.

Any tricks to use short of pouring out a few 50lb bags of corn to get them to stay long enough to get pics? Or do the Moultreecams have a problem with power up time compared to others out there? (I can walkup 25 feet from the cam and it will take5 to 10seconds to finally snap a photo, depending on light and temp)

Old 08-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: trouble with Moultree digital

They do have a long power up time and a slow shutter , try placing the cam where it catches them head on so that they'll be in the frame longer , or place the cam somewhere that they'll stop for awhile such as a watering spot .
Old 08-10-2006, 06:25 AM

Throw the older one away. I have the 35mm as well, the sensor goes bad after a year and a half or so. I won't ever buy another one. Not that I paid a fortune for it anyway. I invested in a nice canon rebel and sit in my stand on the weekends during the season and off season. If I can get em close and take apic then i can get em close and take a shot.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:50 PM

My father and I have 3 Moultre camera's, (1) 100 model, and (2) 200 model.
Both models have slow timers, lots of butt shots, and a few pics with nothing at all on them. The 100 model pictures are way too bright and you cant even see if you have anything in the picture. It also burns up the batteries way too fast.
The 200 model takes great pictures with the exception of the timer. The battery lasts for sometimes well over a month. A good camera for about $150 bucks..

Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah the 200 is an awesome camera i have it and like it

Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 PM

I also have 2 moultrie 200's and they seem to take great pictures over the corn pile's
Old 08-11-2006, 08:42 PM

We'll see how it works now. Went up to our property on Thursday morning and reset the cam lookig over 50lb of corn and molasses.
That ought to get some activity, don't you think?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

it should that sounds like dinner for some deer and hopefully dinner for you eventually
Old 08-13-2006, 10:25 AM

You need to angle the camera looking up or down the trail that way you get the deer coming toward the camera or away from it. Cuddeback cameras are probably the best at just putting it on a trail.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

i have 2 -100's and they are slow but I have noticed that i have to angle them just right, if it is to high or low they dont take the pic. When they do take a pic they have been good though.

Quick Reply: trouble with Moultree digital

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.