Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ross

Old 08-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Spike

Default ross

another choice is Ross. $200 cheaper, quiet, fast and smooth.
any comments
Old 08-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ross

Seen a lot of buzz about these; general consensus is a tad slower than other offerings out there, but very high quality and finish.

If you're wanting to stay quality, but looking to save a buck or two to put towards accessories or maybe even an out-of-state tag, take a close look at the Diamond line. The Liberty was voted bow-of-the-year by several organizations and magazines a couple years ago, and the Victory is essentially BowTech's Patriot from last year. You'll find both at a considerably lower price point, though.

I'll be honest, I can shoot any BowTech that's available, and I'd still love to get my hands on a Victory.

www.diamondarchery.com
Old 08-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default thanks greg

heres the situation...my buddy and his folks own a hunting/sporting good store. They have been a mathews, AR/PSE, and just picked up Ross retailer. I will and have supported their shop for years, instead of going down the road to the "Big Box" stores. I shoot a Q2xl now. love it to death. on a past post i was looking at a switchback xt. I have looked at bowtech and i am blowen away by someof thier bows. talked to a couple of guys at the range and say they love them but they have to weight it down with so much stuff to stop the hand shock. so tonight i will be buying amathews switchback xt or a ross31 or 33. any help pdq will be helpful. THANKS!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thanks greg

I would say that's not a fair assessment with the BowTech--handshock that is. I've found them to be quite shock-free even without any accessories added.
My 05' Alegiancetips the scale @ 6#.9 ozs and this includes an 8 oz Stealth Stabilizer, Spot Hogg Huntersight, NAP 3000 rest, BT-arrow quiver, wrist slingand a fewSims limb savers.
As for the Ross bows--I'm thinking about looking an them next year--howeverI think the Binary cambows are hard overlook at the moment.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: thanks greg

Most people know me as pretty kind on here and willing to give a person sight-unseen the benefit of the doubt, but I'll be honest with you: The statement about hand shock makes me want tocall "b.s." about as bad as anything I've seen yet.

Some people know, and some don't that the last bow I was shooting before signing with BowTech was the Switchback XT; I still own it. Any day and time I want, I can shoot what Mathews claims as its top-of-the-line offering against BowTech. There's been several days I've taken my XT and my Tribute out just to shoot them side by side for people who are over visiting. To a person, every one has agreed that the Tribute is as quiet if not quieter than the XT.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Spike

Default sorry greg

sorry if i ticked you off. i had no intention on starting any s#*!. i know that guys have their bows like they have their trucks. ford, chevy, dodge..
mathews, pse, hoyte, you get the idea. maybe i talked to the wrong guy. he loved his bow, but he had that comment. mathews is a good bow but the thing that kinda gets me is that everyother commerical on OLN or Outdoor channel is for the switch back. not that shooting what everybody else has is bad, my options today are mathews or a ross. hands down that a bowtech would be in the running between my choices but the rep for this area blew off my buddy so if i want to travel some way to even get one is way out of the way. again thanks

Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: sorry greg

Don't worry, I didn't take any personal offense; sorry if I made it sound like I did. Unlike a lot of guys who frequent these forums, I'm pretty good at separating my personal likes and an archery manufacturer. I realize I'm not the owner or a shareholder!

I just dislike seeing a comment which is undoubtedly based in something other than reality. I would have called something just the same if I'd seen a post where someone said they'd had problems screwing Cranford steps into a tree. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever; I just know howawesome their product is.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:22 PM

Well, to get back to the original question, Ross are great bows! We are a Ross dealer and sell quite a few of them. The problem is that we also sell Hoyt, Reflex and Elite. Those 3 are pretty difficult to compete with.

I've shot them, and liked it, alot. The guys that have bought them love 'em! They are super quiet, NO hand shock or vibration, and are pretty smooth. They lack in the speed department, but they aren't slow by any means. I think they IBO right around 295-300, but I don't remember exactly. I mean good grief, 280-290 is about perfect hunting speed, yes?

What really impresses me is the craftsmanship.They are a beautifully built, wellsculpted bow. The riser's cut outs are all rounded over and the finish is awesome.If they had a hybrid cam instead of the single cam, a Ross would be my next bow, no question.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

What really impresses me is the craftsmanship.They are a beautifully built, wellsculpted bow. The riser's cut outs are all rounded over and the finish is awesome.If they had a hybrid cam instead of the single cam, a Ross would be my next bow, no question.
I'm with you all the way on this!!! I would love to see them (Ross)with ahybrid cam.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my eye on the Ross line every since they came out and theydo indeedlook to be a very nice bow. The only negative thing i've ever read or heard about them was the speed issue but that isn't an issue at all with me.I would love toown a Ross CR334 to go along with my 04 Liberty. Problem is thatthe closest Ross dealer to me here in NCis about 200 miles away and thats just to far to drive. Hopefully someone closer will pick up the ross line because ihave the CR334 on my Christmas wish list. Imay just hold offthough and see what they do for 07butmy next bow purchase will definately be a Ross if i can get my hands on one.

A member here (Jeffb) did a very good review on the Ross bow a while back. The pictures are no longer there but it's a good read. Here's the link.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1171909&mpage=1

Quick Reply: ross

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.