Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Looking for a simmons back quiver review? >

Looking for a simmons back quiver review?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for a simmons back quiver review?

Old 07-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking for a simmons back quiver review?

I am looking for any comment on simmons back quiver? Looks really good but can not find one so will have to order and not sure on the quality. It is a round tube type quiver that sounds good in theory!!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a simmons back quiver review?

I have one - they have been making them since the early 90's. I use it with my feathered arrows and really like it a lot. It protects my fletch and keeps it dry, protects me very well from the sharp, pointy ends () and protects my arrows extremely well. No more catching them on the weeds and limbs. It rides nice and the inside arrow holder spins so you can rotate it and get a arrow out one at a time. It is basically a plastic tube with a oval cut out on the side running the length of the tube and then covered with camo fabric. It is well made, but I think if I had seen one before I had bought it, I could have made one myself for far less than they cost - probably the reason you have to buy it from the dealer instead of being able to handle one in a store. If you drop the quiver, fall down, get bucked off a horse, chances are better than with most quivers that your arrows are still going to be completely intact - it is tough and does a great job in that area.

As with everything, there are bound to be negatives; and this is no exception. If you bang the quiver on something like a tree, your bow, or other hard object, you get a "bong" sound much like you would if you bang a long piece of cardboard tubing on something; so it can be noisey if you are not careful. Not a huge issue - otherwise I would not use it. You have to bang it pretty hard; but it has happened a time or two. Also, they are a little pricey for a quiver. The cheapest place I've found them is direct from Simmons, but maybe your local shop could order them at a better price.

All in all, I am pretty happy with mine.

Here is a link to a review I remember from some time ago: http://www.huntinfo.com/product/quiver.php
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking for a simmons back quiver review?

I ordered one and got it yesterday. I think it will work well. I agree that it is overpriced cause I could have built one now that I have seen it!! [:'(]