Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

jak-hammer?

Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default jak-hammer?

any good or what?I have never herd anything on them and im thinking of give'n um a shot.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: jak-hammer?

Great broadhead.

Comes in both 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" for different bow/energy setups.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jakhammers ROCK! You hit them where you are supposed to and they will leave a very short and wide blood trail. Check out the below links to see actual blood trails from a couple does I killed this past season.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=225

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=263
Old 07-18-2006, 12:50 PM

I have taken one deer and one 70 pound pig with them, everything went off with out a hitch, like someone else said very short wide blood trail.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my turkey with a jak-hammer this last spring. He only got about 30 yards from impact, and was done. The head left a BIG exit hole!!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Great accurate broadhead!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

JUNK! Don't use it. Any expandable that has to flip all the way back like that, with the blades in frontal fold positon like that are crap (in my opinion). I used it, hit a buck in the shoulder at 20 yards. Got about 2inches penetration and he wasn't killed. Wounded him, seen him two days later limping around. Good thing he lived but these broad heads are dangerous when hiting bone. Im sure they work fine when the shot is straight in. But at angles i don't trust these heads because those blades have to flip all the way back.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got to love a "this broadhead is junk" story that starts with "I hit him in the shoulder"...... So what broadheads do you recommend for bad shots again?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Loner Wolf,

Why would you come on here and say someting so nieve. My point was that I hit a deer in the shoulder and I got zero penetration. I think we all know that you could use the crapiest broad head on the market and kill a deer no problem when hit in the perfect spot. My point was a good broadhead covers all the things that could happen, like hitting bone. I had a bad experiencewith the Jack-hamer andIve heard plenty more form others with penetration problems with thesame head. If we all hit our deerperfectlylikeyoutherewould be no discussion about broad heads.

"Loner Wolf" If you knew anything aboutbowhunting you would know things don't goas planned all the time.Ya don't have to be aF##$$ andcome on heretry to belittle people. Maybethats why your name is"loner wolf" because knowone can stand to by around you

Quick Reply: jak-hammer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.