Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

fred bear code review

Old 07-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Default fred bear code review

well, this is the review forum, so i will give an official review of this bow.

one word sums up this bow completely......DAYUM....

got mine in a few days ago, and so far and am blown away.

In the looks department, all I have to say is it is one sexy beast. It looks a lot better in person than the crappy pictures online. The real tree hardwoods green looks amazing, and is definately done in the highest of quality.

speed, at an ibo of 310, this bugger is fast. i haven't chrono'd yet, but im betting it will be sizzling.

Sound- quiet as a freaking mouse! can barely hear the bow go off! its almost like the sound of the arrow going through the air is louder!

smoothness, smooth as a baby's bottom, definately comparable to those of the switchback.

grip and feel, imo, much better than the switchback, trykon, and allegiance! it has a very nice steady feel to it that is unmatched!

my arrows are consistantly touching at every distance!

I could not be happier with this bow.

My setup is as follows for reference,

06 fred bear code
30" draw
62# (hopefully going to get her at the full 70 once my arms bulk up a little.)

Although I am new to archery, i shot the trykon, the switchback, and the allegiance at the shop the same day that i picked up the code, just to make sure what i was getting into, and imo the code was easily equal if not better in some areas to the top 3.

and at only $499, it is an orgasmic deal!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:34 PM

Default RE: fred bear code review

All I can say is that I think Fred Bear bows don't get the respect they should. I have an Omni Pro and even the guy at the Pro Shop was impressed with the speed and the quietness of the bow, especially since it retailed at $299 (and I got it on sale as a 2005 model for $150)
Nor do I have any complaints about my Montana longbow.

Fred Bear Omni Pro
IBO 300fps
30" draw
74lb

I think that as long as they keep up the quality I will continue to buy their products, especially since they seem competative to bows that cost several hundred more.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:16 PM

Just an update to my specs, i turned it up to 70# today. A little heavy right now, but my arm will get used to it fast. I'm only 19, so i should beable to build that extra muscle in a few weeks.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

So have you chrono'd it yet?I would like to know how fast it is,and how much your arrows weigh.I have a victory,and I drew back the code at Bass Pro last night...Amazing.The draw cycle was so smooth.It was set on 70#,and I had to make sure that it was bottomed out,because it is so smooth it only felt like 60# when I pulled it back.The 75% let off feels alot more like 85%.I could relax at full draw without it trying to snatch the string from me.The grip is great,and it has great balance.It looks awesome too.No wonder it's Primos approved!Idrew back a few other of the new popular bows,and I liked the code the best myself.I think I'm going to sell my Victory,and buy a code.I'll check back to see what your chrono readings are.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:31 PM

I'll chrono it on monday and get back to you monday night.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Banned

Pics please.HCH
Old 07-15-2006, 07:44 PM

yeah hCH is right where the pics at????
Old 07-15-2006, 10:35 PM

your wish is my command!

oh, my top string leech tore a little bit today so i took it off, will get another one on monday. But even with it off, it is still almost silent

Old 07-15-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: wayomic

I think that as long as they keep up the quality I will continue to buy their products, especially since they seem competative to bows that cost several hundred more.
Yeah, i think it was on this site that someone said they can do that because all of the other big bow companies have to pay them in order to use the cam technology or something like that.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:16 PM

I shot the code at my local pro shop. I also shot a ross 334 and the parker frontier 2+. Dollar for dollar, the code was just as impressive, deceptionally fast, quiet and very smooth. I am quite impressed.

Quick Reply: fred bear code review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.