Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trykon owners, What Rest are you using? >

Trykon owners, What Rest are you using?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trykon owners, What Rest are you using?

Old 07-11-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Trykon owners, What Rest are you using?

I shot the Trykon today and was very pleased with it. I liked it better than the Pro-Tec that I shot, seemed to have less vibration. I was looking at an Oldglory by bowtech and wish I could shoot them side by side.

Anyways, the two sales associates at the pro shop I was in said they were not happy with the way the Trophy Taker fall aways worked with the Trykon. They previously used trophy takers on other bows and tried them on the Trykon, but said their vanes were getting chewed up because of the way the rest hits the arrow shelf. They recommeded either the Trophy Ridge drop zone or the Schaffer Tec-1. On Hoyts websitethey show NAP products for rests, but the associates don't recommend tying into the cable guard.

My question is what are you using for a rest and how do you like it on the Trykon? (I previously used a whisker bis and would like to use a fall away.)
Old 07-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trykon owners, What Rest are you using?

I shoot the NAP 3000 on my XL. Very simple to tune and no problems once its set up.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Banned

My wife andI both have the trophy takers on our Trykons; they perform flawlessly. Your proshop guys have been sniffing too much fletching glue. I have three other buddies plus my pro shop friend and they too shoot trophy takers on their Trykons. HCH
Old 07-12-2006, 07:37 AM

I have the NAP Smartrest...no complaints, easy to set-up and quiet!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with hardcorehunter. I have the trophy taker on mine and I love it. Tell them to use the fletching glue in a well ventilated area.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:47 AM

I have a trophy ridge drop zone on mine and I love it!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

carolina archery wisker biscuit...i know they get slammed on here, but i havent had any problems with it so far, im also shooting blazers out of it, they are pretty durable.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:21 AM

Whisker Biscuit and Blazer Vanes on my XL. Works great for me.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:56 PM

trophy taker for me
Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on my Trykon and honestly since several folks have seen this rest perform on my Trykon they have switched to them also. I don't think you'll find a higher quality, easier to set-up and quicker to tune rest on the market. I have helped a bunch of folks set the TR DZ's up on their TEC rigs and none of them toolk more than a few shoots to tune to perfection! You've got to see this rest in action for yourself! Awesome! Good luck and good shootin'

Quick Reply: Trykon owners, What Rest are you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.