Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new fletching jig

Old 07-10-2006, 10:03 PM

Default new fletching jig

I want to buy a fletching jig to replace blazerson my arrows, my biscuit eats them kind fast... I think the proshopI go to does not use the right glue. but anywayI have heard that the bitzenberger was the best jig. It cost $64.99 at bass pro. They have a new jig this year made by bohning for $29.99. I was wanting to know has anyone tried the bohning with blazers? If so is the bitzenberger worth the extra money? Any information is appreciated.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new fletching jig

I went with the Jo-jan fletching jig...cheaper than the bitzenburger. the Jo-Jan is about $30 to $35. Does a great job on fletching!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard lots of people sing the Jo-Jan's praises, but have no experiece with one personally...

I can, however,compare and contrast the Bitz with a popular, cheaper competitor for you.

I first bought a Grayling (which looks just like a Bitz except it's plastic) and was extremely disappointed in the "slop" of the mechanism which allows the shaft to be fletched at equal intervals of 120 degrees. I took itback and paid twice the amount I had just dropped on the Grayling to get a Bitz, and couldn't be happier. When people say it's the Cadillac of fletching jigs, they're right! Rock solid and will last a couple lifetimes, at least.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:46 AM

The new Bohninglooksvery similar tothe Grayling which is simply a plastic version of the Bitzenberger.

I have both the Grayling and the Bitz and get good results with both of them. The Bitz is a little easier to set up and is very solid. I think that for home use, the Grayling and probably the Bohning will do the job. With reasonable care, the Bitz will last forever, but the others are not junk, they'll last a while also.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

Bitzenburger is definantely worth the $$. How can it be that a WB eats fletches? LOL. Throw on a Trophy Taker drop away while you are at it. HCH
Old 07-12-2006, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Bitzenburger is definantely worth the $$. How can it be that a WB eats fletches? LOL. Throw on a Trophy Taker drop away while you are at it.
What he said!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using a Jo-Jan monofletcher and it's been fantastic. I've considered getting the Bitz but the Jo-Jan hasn't let me down.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a JoJan multi-fletcher for about 10yrs with absolutely no problems-done everything from woods to carbons.I tried a buddy's Bitz and that tool was awesome! I'm sticking with my JoJan because it does make a real nice arrow(and does 6 at a time).
Old 07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was using the Grayling jig and ditto thecomments above by Greg / MO. I was going to spring for a Bitzenberger but right before I did, I watched a guy at the archery shop refletch one of my arrows with whitevanes for a
test of my dropaway rest and he used the Arizona E-Z Fletch. I was impressed with how quick and easy it was compared to the Grayling.....so I got one. I am sold on them now and highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: new fletching jig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.