Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bow case

Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default bow case

How many of you that purchased a Mathews bow this past year also purchased one of these cases from Blacks Creek Guide Gear.

If you did please post a quick review on how it is performing for you.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow case

I bought a Switchback XT last spring and bought the 1st bow case you have pictured. I paid $99.95 for the case which I thought was pretty steep.....but I was buying the bow and trimmings with blackjack winnings. Many thanks to the Mescalero Apaches.

The archery shop said this was a "semi-hard" case. A word of caution.....I had a habit of bringing my bow in from practicing (in the case) and leaning it against the wall in the den which has a hard floor. One morning I was in the next room on the computer and heard a rather loud noise like something hitting the floor with a splat. It's not unusual for our dogs to roam around and occasionaly get into something so I wasn't too worried about it. Later I got up to get coffee and found the case flat on the floor....and then knew what that noise was. I didn't think much about it and kinda forgot about it. The next day I went out to practice and was alarmed when all of my arrows were consistently hitting 8 inches to the right of the bullseye! I couldn't believe it because it had been right on for weeks. Then I remebered finding it after it fell over and smacked the floor. I have a Tru-Glo site and it was mounted well and adjustment screws were as tight as was feasible....but it obviously got knocked off.

I learned a valuable lesson and was glad this happened in the off season and not on the way to opening day!! To sum it up, I like the case but I'll be careful with it.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 PM

I have been debating which new case to get for my XT and finally decided to order the Plano case last night.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:54 PM

why not this case
Old 07-11-2006, 12:03 PM

I like the hard plastic cases but I want to get a soft case for hunting
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

why not this case
Cause we don't stock Hoyt but we do stock Mathews.

Who makes that Hoyt case?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

It looks like I'll probably be buying a Primos case for my quick little jaunts over to my hunting land...

Looks to offer around the same protection as the Mathews bag, but about half the price. Any thoughts?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Tarantula for my new bowtech and like it. It is a soft case and I am DEFINITELY going to buy a hard case for any kind of transport just for the peace of mind offered in a hard case. The Hoyt case that was pictures is the same as the one I bought, only mine doesn't have the logo, but I'm nealy 100% sure Tarantula makes them.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:44 PM

I have the Primos case and have been very pleased with it. It has a wide base and rubber feet to stand up on. You can easily put your bow and quiver (with quiver attached)in it as long as your bow is no longer than 37". I have the Old Glory from BowTech and it just barely fits, it is 37" long.
The one thing that I am always conscience about is putting the bow in and taking it outof the case. The cams will rub against the zipper and could possibly knick your serving on the string. Those with shorter bows shouldn't have this problem.
It has adjustable pads inside to compensate for the shorter bows. Two pockets inside that have a zipper on the top and bottom of the pouches so you can open them with the sides up or down. It also has a good size pocket on the outside of the case. It is a good case for around $50.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:05 PM

im not sure i bought it on ebay

Quick Reply: bow case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.