Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

moultrie trail cam

Old 07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default moultrie trail cam

i just purchased a moultrie 200 3.1 mp trail cam, does anyone know anything about them. Are they any good? Pros and Cons, feedback would be great.Thanks in advance

matthew
Old 07-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: moultrie trail cam

I've tested two Moultrie cams and have not been impressed with either one. You can read my reviews of these cams among others at the website below.

The two I tested had the slowest power up times and I missed a lot of pictures when I set them up alongside my other cameras.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:32 PM

As you already own it, I would go to www.chasingame.com and read up on all the helpful hints for that camera. There are other, better models of Moultrie now. I would read up on them.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

well this one is pretty new its got the infared sensor.It tells you time date temp and moon phase.Its quite but trigger time can be slow but im not setting it up on a trail im setting it up on a feeder so it should be ok
Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems that from the feedback on many forums, that the only thing really consistent about the Moultries is the fact that their owners have never been impressed by the units. There are certainly much better digis that it. It seems Leaf River and Cuddeback are the cams that haveFAR more supporters. Good luck with your new cam however and let us all know how well it works out for ya?
Old 07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Moultrie 200 and for the money it's a good cam. Mine's probably taken somewhere around 4000 pics. I rarely get blank pics and they are clear. For under $200 with the camera, rechargeable battery and solar panel, I think it's a great buy. For the record I also have a 3MP Cuddeback and it's a better camera, but for twice the price it had better be. The 200 Moultrie is a big step over the 100.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Moultrie 200 and thus far have no real big complaints. Although I have read a lot of negative posts pertaining to this camera. I also have 1 Leaf River and for me the Moultrie is a lot more user friendly. I currently have 6 cameras out and have been messing with them for 4 years now. The cudde back is one camera I do not own......yet.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I bought one of the Moultrie 100's the other day, I know there are not that great, but for $59 I had to try them. I'm having a problem with the flash. I took it into a totally dark room and took a couple pictures and they turned out all white. I tried it on auto flash and with the flash ON, same thing... all white. It takes good pictures w/o the flash when the room in lighted. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Disregard my last..user error.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

On'most' trail cameras you'll have pros and cons--from the Cuddeback (battery compartment) problem to the cheapest of trail cameras. The Game Spy 200 is quite a good unit for the price and the investment to leave alone in the woods (having to deal with the dishonest prowlers in our midst today).
The Moultrie 200 takes a reasonable picture, the battery life is great, it's silent, user friendly--but a little slow with its trigger speed. If you're using this camera at a feeder it will more than tellwho's visiting.The sensitivity isn't adjustable as with someother cameras, so you'll get pictures of black birds, squirrels, coons, porcupines, rabbits--just whatever visit your feeder, if your camera is set up close enough.

Quick Reply: moultrie trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.